Saturday, November 26, 2016

Family Breakfast - Wolfgang Pots and Malik Ayim




Malik Ayim stands on the dock, a top coat over his hands, looking at the boats on the dock.  His glasses and their blue lenses hide his eyes from view.

Wolfgang Pots leans on the counter bullshiting with the person working'yeah .. he swears it aint a hickey but i dont know poor fella 'he says as he recieves his fish and chip . 'poor fellar is all tucker out from video games 'he laugh and waves to the attending as he looks around .he nods at the stranger in his friendly way and makes for the tables to eat

Malik Ayim 's head turns, almost sharply at the voice and nods once in return.  As the man makes for the tables, he stops at the counter.  "Halibut and chips, please. And a hot coffee."  his accent is  sort of Colonial English like one might find in the various countries of Africa, which would match his skin tone.  They aren't all black as a moonless night.

Wolfgang Pots sits down as he dips his chip in mayo.. looking around watching the whales abit exhaling the cold crisp air 'he smile and looks over noticin the man accent watching him abit before looking back out the water

Malik Ayim gets his order and nods to the chef.  "Thank you, very much."  he pays with cash and them takes his order to the tables. Even with other tables available, he opts to approach the one with the blond.  "May I join you, sir?"  his deep voice inquires.

Wolfgang Pots turns to face the other man 'sure shooting 'he say in his own southern georiga drawl 'he smiles big and 'ya aint from these woods either ' he laugh noticing his accent 'acroos the pond .. wait .. some where in africa 'he say trying to use his many voyages to pin point his accent "long way from home 'he laughs

Malik Ayim sits and laughs.  "No, I am not from here."  he admits. He waits and smiles.  "I am from Accra.  I am going to university in Vancouver and my mother suggested I might like this town to visit." he dips the hot fish in the mayo, tasting it and nodding.  He swallows and dabs his lips.  "Not like home, but that is not always a bad thing."

Wolfgang Pots laugh softly "home is where your heart is 'he say soflty 'yeah .. this is a nice little town . people are nice and its quiet and peace. 'he laughs 'i like to come here to relax 'he laugh 'plus my son lives here so i gotta visit him and make sure he aint getting into too much trouble 'he laugh softy . he pops another chip in his mouth chewing 'what ya studying son 'he say not afraid to be noisy but doesnt with such a southern charm

Malik Ayim nods.  "It seems very quiet, yes."  he arches bis brows behind the obscuring sunglasses.  ""A son is a blessing to be cherished."  he eats a bit more before replying.  "I am studying business.  My mother owns a clothing company. Some day it will come down to me."  he pauses.  "So I must learn and preserve my legacy, yes?"

Wolfgang Pots nods 'yes sir . thats darn smart of ya, son 'he say softy using this southern term so loosely "i did abit of that a westpoint and online while in the navy .. good for leadership building .. its a big responsiblity 'he nods 'yes , sir .. its alway good to know what you came out of .. learn you history so you wont repeat the bad stuff and appriecate what you come from 'he smiles as he tears off a piece of fish and dips it in the mayo almost just like Malik did.. subconciously

Malik Ayim mirrors the motion without thinking.  Just eating his fish breakfast. "Ah yes.  That is very important."  he agrees.  "My family history is very dark, on both sides."  he admits.  "On my mother's side, they sold slaves, not only among each other, but later to the British.  That is how my mother ultimately came to America.  In my grandfather's time we found and reconnected with my relatives in Ghana and in some ways returned.  Those are the relatives who raised me while my mother went back and forth from American to Ghana."  he drinks some of his coffee.  "And yet, even my father's side of the family dealt in slaves in their history. But on the English side."  he glances down, but only to be able to get the fish in the mayo.  He does not seem ashmed as he speaks his next words.  "I may not look it, but I am half white.  On my father's side."

Wolfgang Pots nods 'yeah .. what are the odds.. yeah .. my sob father side were like that too. im half english down the line but thankfully my Ma side save me from to much embarrasement 'he say rollin a chip between two finger before toss it up catching it and cheweing 'ma is austrian born 'eh laugh soflty 'but yeah my pa side were slave traders born settling in georgia and settle up a peach and tobacco plantions ..they stop doing bacco during prohibition an did bootleg whiskey and wildblack berry wine'he laugh soflty 'so yeah .. its mainly a orchard that sels the fruits, jams, jellies and wines ' he shakes his head .. but yeah .. 'history is the blueprint that you rewrite with your choices 'he say soflty 'make it what you want 'he smiles

Malik Ayim nods as he eats and drinks.  "The babies should never pay for the sins of their relatives."  he rumbles.  "But there remains such hate."  he nibbles at a chip.  "My mother ran to Ghana when she found out she was pregnant .. afraid both her family and my father's family would find out.  But she did not abandon me.  She spent most of her time inn Africa.  Only returned to Atlanta, Georgia when she knew my father would be there.  All these years, she has loved him."  he scrapes he last of the mayonnaise away with the last of the fish.  "But she NEVER told him about me. Afraid ....  not even her brothers know who my father is."  he eats and swallows. "But I do."

Wolfgang Pots sips his water and nods 'yeah .. 'he says pensievely think on his own father ' he looks up "is that right 'he looks curiously at the man like working something out but exhale s'yeah .. i loved altanta in the 90s such a great music vibe.. dont look like it but this white country boy .. loves him some 90s hip hop and r and b.. 'he laughs 'im not so sure about some of this new stuff.. 'they have no art about .. music back then was just as sensual but knew how to sell it in classy way .. 'he laughs 'thats too back.. bet that man woud have wanted to know.. i miss my 13 year olds sons life so far..'he exhales 'would be been nice to cradle him ya know 'he say lookign at a boat in the distance 'now he is at that age where .. welll. 'he chuckles 'its like congratulations wolf. your the proud new father of a bucket of hormones 'he laugh soflty

Malik Ayim smiles.  "I love Hip Hop from that era.  I was born in 1998.  I have rapped some in Accra.  But I will do better helping my mother."  he pauses.  "But what if knowing about that son put both the son and yourself in danger?"  he asks, softly.  "That is a sword with two edges.  My mother was afraid ... with reason .. and when I was ... oh perhaps your sons age ... she told me I could meet him when I was ready.  Now ... I am eighteen and in University."  he chuckles and looks at the boat.  "You missed diapers, but as he grows to a man, the hormones will calm." he chuckles.  "Or so I have heard.  I . still .. have moments my mother tells me."  he pushes his sunglasses up his nose.  "They call me Blue . by the way.  Well . friends and the casual.  it is not a professional name."  he offers his hand to shake.

Wolfgang Pots looks nods 'yeah .. i can understand that . a true parent would do their dangest to protect theyre chil 'he laughs 'yeah i heard theyre brutal .. some buddies that i used work with over at the cannery said i didnt miss much but throwup, diapers and many sleepless night 'eh smiles ' he smiles 'im sure he will.. just hopign he will.. that he .. 'he trails off looks at the boat smirking an thinking 'have history repeating himself but he so shy about girl so i think were in the clear for now 'he laughs and extends his hand claspign Maliks hand 'nice nick name .. names Wolf . 'he laugh soflty shaking the mans hand

Malik Ayim pauses.  "Yea .  Good to meet you, Wolfgang."  he licks his lips and considers a moment.  Easily long enough for Wolf to realize he used his full name.  Then he goes into the inside pocket of his business suit and pulls out a business card holder and slides out a business card, which introduces him as Malik Ayim.

Wolfgang Pots looks at you 'how did y a.. 'he looks confused an takes the card 'wait.. whats going on 'he say surpise .. 'your.. her.. 'he say making the contact .. 'why they call you blue ..say looking oddly at his glassses 'he looks abit take aback like if some women told him she was pregnant

Malik Ayim licks his lips again and answers the question silently by taking off his glasses and revealing his eyes ... which are blue .. a rare color in African men to say the least.

Wolfgang Pots looks back looking into malik eyes his own matching eyes .. 'the horowitz jewel.. thats impossible.. why .. ..huh 'he say confused 'youre Zuri. kid.. 'he say soflty . he looks very surpised and just abit betrayed. he brake eye contact looking at his empty fish and chips container

Malik Ayim sighs, even though he had not expected the man to rise up and embrace him.  "Yes, I am Zuri Ayim's son."  he shrugs.  "Why? She was seventeen?  Her father was one of the biggest Black Supremacists in America?  Your father was one of the largest WHITE Supremacists in America?  You had a future in the US Navy she did not want to ruin with a child?  I can give others ... but she had her reasons. Mine are much the same.  I do not want anything from you.  No money or child support.  I only want you to know I exist. Do not blame my mother, please.  She offered earlier this year, but I asked her to keep her word to me .. and let ME introduce myself."

Wolfgang Pots ruffles his golden locks exhales softly just taking it all in . he nods and after awhile nods 'yeah .. i understand .. wouldnt except anyway less .he looks at his new grownup son .. 'he blinks abit 'i understand and her reasons.. and im glad she keep you safe 'he beams that charming smiles he is known for .. 'well thank for .. tell . 'he pause and then unexpectly goes to hug his long loss son 'get your ass over her and give me a hug ,son 'he laugh solfyt .

Malik Ayim nods, as the man stops looking so angry and betrayed, but he was not prepared for the hug.  He freezes a moment but then hugs him back.  His laugh is much richer.  "I did not expect ...."  he pulls back.  "Mama will be happy you are not .... so angry."  he grins.  "So .. it is TWO sons you are blessed with."

Wolfgang Pots loosk at you 'oh shell sure as shooting be getting a piece of my mind but .. yeah .. i can hate you or fault you .. he smiles 'yeah .. two son with these two year first hani then you .'he smiles and looks out at the boat where a little golden lab is barking toward them 'all introduce you to youre little brother soon.. if i can tear him away from video games, anime or girls.. 'he jokes 'but its good to have met you.. he looks at the card 'malik 'he smiles

Malik Ayim chuckles.  "Good luck with that.  mama might not get her back up, considering but ... she be fire when she get mad."  he grins and then looks towards the boat.  "Ah, anime.  I was into that, for a while.  The girls too.  If he anything like what mama tell me about you .... you might have problems.  She told me a lot my charm come from my Papa and she don't want to be a grandmother." he nods.  "Malik ... or Blue.  Either works for me."

Wolfgang Pots laughs 'this family and there nick name your grandma says 'he laugh 'cant be satsified with the name ya ma gave you wolfgang .. yeah hani has a long ass japanese first name 'he laughs 'yeah .. 'he exhale 'im worrie bout that .. had girls on the go at his age.. 'he ruffles his hair .. and im sure you had a pack of girls around you like poor hani over there ..'he motions to the boat 'yeah i dont wanna be no grandpa yet either .. from none of you two boys 'he says warning.. 'just became a pa .. one step at a time .. 'eh laugh s

Malik Ayim chuckles.  "Mama said she made it very simple.  Malik means King  she wanted me to feel like royalty, even of I was not treated like it."  he laughs.  "I had a few.  Charming ladies young and old and getting an earful from the women in my family while getting praise from the men."  he holds up both hands in a defensive gesture.  "Mama taught me to be very careful  I don't drink, so my mind wont be so addled I forget protection."  he looks at the boat. "So he has a girlfriend?  What is he like.  Does he have other brothers or sisters?  Besides me, I mean?  Does he even want them ..."

Wolfgang Pots smiles 'that fits ya son 'he smiles then laughs hard slappign his kneew and motion 'good you doing beftter .. cuz hani is the product of a drunk love in. 'eh alughs soflty 'he looks at you 'no girlfriend .. i dont think.. think he is all sweet on this one gall but i dont think he know that what is what it is 'he laugh softh smiling looking at Malike 'he is a huge horror film fan .. so yeah .. theres that . 'he looks peniseve thinkign 'he dont have anymore brothers and sister .. that i know off 'he exhales ..'i think you two are it and.. his stepdad and mom cant have anymore so .. 'he say soflty

Malik Ayim laughs along.  "Well I guess we can meet.  I'll have a car soon and be able to get around better.  If he needs someone to supervise his dates."  he offers.  "And a place.  Mama says the best be in White Rock, Vancouver, Alexandra and here, but not in that order."  he shrugs.  "And a job, I got.  Helps to have those connections."

Wolfgang Pots laugh soflty as 'look at you being all big brother and all . but yeah .. i think he like that .. having a sibling .. and an extra pair of eyes on him is alway a good thang 'he laugh soflty . his phone rings bit going to voicemail then the sound of a text message pops up 'well your kid brther is up .. and is wondering how to cook..yeah .. i better go while i sill have a boat .. 'he laugh soflty

Malik Ayim smiles and nods.  "My number is on that card.  It's Canadian.  Call me up sometime, yea?"  and he stands, glancing at the boat and then away for a final handshake.

Wolfgang Pots reaches out his hand and shakes int .. 'well do.. ill tell hani all about you .. once i save my boat from being set ablaze 'he laugh and turns to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment