Saturday, November 12, 2016

Mariner's RP Saturday Nov 12th - Nick and India

Nick Callahan sits at the bar having a quiet drink.

India Tor walks in and moves through the crowd, waddling like she is every minute of six months pregnant. She sees the chief and bites her lip, but sits at the bar anyway.

Nick Callahan gives India a little half grin "Miss Tor. Good evening to you."

 India Tor looks at him and chuckles. "Miss Tor?" she grins. "Are you a fan of mine?" she knows who he is, of course, but doesn't know her mans boss as much as she'd like.

Nick Callahan laughs "I've heard a few songs from both Ryan and Angie's desks now. Nice work." He glances down at her stomach "How's the bun cooking?"

 India Tor grins and rubs at her belly. "Really? Angie ... shes the black lady, right?" she grins. "I think we may have added too much yeast ...." she ponders and looks at the bartender. "Cranberry juice and a twist of lime, please."

Nick Callahan nods "Lieutenant Johnson yes. Place would fall apart without her. Too much yeast huh? Growing fast then?" He takes a sip of his beer.

 India Tor smiles. "Really? Ryan never said." she makes a mental note. "I'll have to see about meeting her someday." she says. "I've only really met Michael... Officer Reinhardt .. and Cody Nault ... and I don't really know him but I threw up on him the night of the earthquake." she sighs and nods. "I am due in January. I swear ... the time is really flying past. But .. yea .. its pretty obvious to me."

 Nick Callahan snickers about her throwing up on Cody "I think I heard about that...Nault..." he shakes his head and then looks at her seriously "It does fly. Cherish it all." He looks away and takes another longer sip.

 India Tor smiles. "I'm trying to. even the morning sickness and having lost track of my feet. ALL of it." she sighs a bit. She takes her cranberry and lime. "I'm gonna need help I think. Well ...." she stirs the drink. "Ryan might. We're having a girl, you know." she looks at him, almost shy.

Nick Callahan laughs "I think Yamada will survive a baby girl. Congratulations. I hope she gets your looks." He says with a cheeky little wink.

 India Tor chuckles. "I'm glad YOU think so. she rolls her eyes and grins. "Thank you. A baby beluga." she laughs. "Well... if nothing else this is the safest baby on North America I think."

Nick Callahan glances towards the Neptune building "Oh yeah two cops at home and you can pretty much see the station eh? And this town is pretty sleepy most of the time."

India Tor nods. "And Adum Brate in Alexandra. He's the godfather on Ryan's side and Michael is on mine. Not sure about godmothers, Ryan's family is so large and .. well if something happens ... the baby will have all kinds of love and protection. I know how cop[ families work." she grins.

 Nick Callahan nods "I'm so glad Brate's OK...he was one of mine you know...at first. Now he's a big chief too." He laughs "I think the village will help raise whoever she becomes India. This town is good that way, just a bigger circle of that cop family."

India Tor smiles. "I heard that and I'm glad he's alright too." she smiles. "My father .... he got blown up on duty." she says. "And yea ... I like this family."

Nick Callahan is about to sip and then hears her talk about her father and sighs "I'm sorry. And then you ended up with a cop..." He inhales "Guess that's life huh?"

 India Tor nods and sips. "Well, I wasn't trying to fall in love with a cop." she admits. "But .. who does, really? A cop or anyone. Life throws things at you for whatever reason it has. I ran scared and now feel so safe here." she smiles and arches her back. "I've been thinking about my Daddy a lot lately." she admits.

 Nick Callahan looks like he understands "Yeah, having a kid will do that to you. Be ready for that when you meet her too....there's that moment.." His voice gets a bit hoarse on the next part "When you realize that no matter what kind of parent yours were, at some point, they loved you as much as the little person you've just met." He closes his eyes for a second and then chugs back a sip harder than the last two and then sets the glass down with a smile "I'm sure you and Ryan will be good ones though."

 India Tor nods and watches him. "Yea." she reaches over to touch him, just quickly, not trying to be invasive. "Ad a baby girl is ALWAYS a baby girl to her Daddy." she softly states. Then she clears her throat. "Look at us! Couple of ol mopes. Well." she places her hand on her chest. "I'm old. You still all young and handsome. Sittin here making me look all young and sexy." she teases, although her figure is FUBAR ... with reason, but still.

Nick Callahan reaches over and gives India's hand a quick squeeze "Oh I'm an old man alright and you are definitely still young and sexy." He smirks "Make sure Yamada appreciates all that. Sorry to get all serious on you. I lost a daughter to a quake. Eryn. She was my world. " He's told it so many times he can say it calmly now "Still with me, always. Just like your Dad for you. And life puts the right people in our paths to handle it all as we go the best we can."

India Tor smiles softly. "You ain't old. How old? Fifty? Barely?" she nods. "I know. Ryan didn't get into it. He don't really do that. But ... I understand the loss." she grins. "As for Ryan appreciating me ..." she rubs her belly. "It go us here. He's a lot younger than I am and some days I get all insecure. Then I have to cheer myself up. Usually at Ryan's expense." she smirks. "I shouldn't be telling you this. You'll throw me in your own jail!"

 Nick Callahan snickers "He's not THAT much of a puppy. I'm good friends with Hiroshi. I saw all those Yamada kids as babies so I have a hard time not seeing little Ryan chasing after his much older brother and sister. Made him a hell of a runner. and I'm 58, no spring chicken. But in this day and age people don't get so hung up on age differences. Young, old, as long as everyone's legal and having fun right?"

India Tor chuckles. "Granted. He's not a puppy or even a boy. I'm too old for that crap. I said if I ever got involved again it be a MAN .. and that's Ryan." she looks at him. "In this day and age 58 may not be a spring chicken, but it ain't too tough yet." she considers. "Maybe. I just can't believe it ... they say I'm high risk being pregnant because I'm over 35." she pffts. "But at least Ryan isn't treating me like I'm made of glass."

Nick Callahan finishes his beer and waves at Deidre for another "If you please m'lady.....no I'm not driving home. I'm at the Lavender. Tally's got a group she's shuttling from the airport on a late flight but I'll tell her you said so." He turns back to India "High risk just because of age? That seems a bit condescending if you're healthy."

India Tor grins and drinks deeply. "Yes, sir. Apparently women at that age got no business having babies anymore. I have no idea why. I managed not to be a statistic and have a baby in my teens... now I'm too old." she rolls her eyes. "But Ryan is young. So I think he can have the 3am feedings." she winks, more amused than mad.

 Nick Callahan smiles "No rest for the wicked. Well jump through their hoops...at the end, they hand you a baby and you get to take her home. Then it gets fun."

India Tor nods. "Yeaaaaaa .... I winder just how hard my Daddy will be laughing." she grins. "But then again ... between all those paternal male officers .. who knows .. my daughter may still be innocent in her 40's."

Nick Callahan snorts "Doesn't always work....course mine was about to marry a cop so I couldn't complain."


India Tor smiles. "Well ... innocence is a relative term, right?" she giggles.

Nick Callahan accepts his fresh pint "Thank you Deidre." And then he quips "In this town it's all relative. You're from a bigger place right? How is this all treating you? There's no secrets here, at all." he laughs.

India Tor smiles and finished her drink, playing with the ice cubes. "Born and bred in Chicago and then major cities until here. The last was San Diego." she considers. "It's very quiet here ... even with that club on the ground floor." she looks at him, a little awkward. "I've herd that but ... I don't know nothin bout nothin." she insists.

Nick Callahan raises a brow "I see...Miss Tor. They do that fire inspection on your building yet? That bell seemed to be malfunctioning."

India Tor arches her brow. "Yea ... they ... do that. It went off last week, I think it was. Like 4 int he morning. I was getting strawberry ice cram and gumbo. But . it was a false alarm. Really. It's .. alright."

 Nick Callahan squints at her "Seem to be the one in your hallway. Do you think maybe someone ...bumped it on their way to ...I dunno reach and unlock a door. Officer Reinhardt is just across the hall right?"

 India Tor looks at him. "Yea ... its there alright. "Micheal might have been home." she looks shocked. "You don't think HE tripped it, do you?"

Nick Callahan looks like he's trying hard not to laugh "Well I haven't questioned Officer Reinhardt on that. should I?" His tone is almost cheeky now.

India Tor looks at him with wide-eyed innocence. "You might want to. Those big ol shoulders of his. And int he middle of the night." she smirks and giggles. "Dayumn. My father always said I would be a lousy criminal. But really. You have to see Ryan's face when Michael is in swat pants and Stephanie is in one of Michael's shirts. I mean .. REALLY. It comes down past the girls knees.And he's so CUTE when he's half embarrassed and being all ... fraternal." she nods, as if this is the best possible excuse for a high school prank perpetrated by a pregnant woman known to man.

 Nick Callahan cracks up now "Do you have pictures? Of Ryan, not his sister and Michael....that's cruel and very funny."

India Tor looks around the bar as if they are having a clandestine meeting as she pulls her phone out and taps at it, sliding it over to show a video.. unpublished of course. "Now I don't know who put my phone in the window like that but ... " she shrugs. If Nick taps play it will show them all running out of the non burning building.

Nick Callahan watches the video, shaking his head and laughing "Cop's daughter huh?" He laughs some more "Nice device by the way."

 India Tor grins. "Yup. My father would have loved it." she giggles. "Thanks. And if there is some kind of fine .. let me know. I'd like to start a tab .... Michael already knows I did it and its fine since we can all sleep int he next day anyway."she considers. "I wonder if i should confess to Ryan or not..." she taps her phone. "Money well spent."

Nick Callahan is still recovering "I won't fine you but watch the fire department. " He winks.

India Tor nods. "Oh, I won't do it again." she grins. "Just some fun before the baby comes." she admits. "Retirement is fun." she tells him.

 Nick Callahan sips at his beer. It's just past the halfway point and he sips to the three quarter "Then you can just prank your kids later too...or have them team up with you on Ryan."

India Tor beams. "I hadn't even thought about that. Thank you, Chief." she grins. "It's just that he is so CUTE when he blushes." she giggles and arches her back again. "And he always forgives me."

Nick Callahan drains his pint and then looks at her with twinkling eyes "Well who could blame him?" He fishes in his back pocket for his bank card and gestures to India's glass and his own "Both on my tab please Deidre. I'd like to call it a night."

 India Tor smiles. "Thank you." she grins looking at his card. "But next time it's o me, alright?" she says. "And I should head home .. stop by and see how the boys are doing .. making them work on a Friday night."

Nick Callahan keys in his pin and account type and replies with "Ah well the place is in good hands with those partners." He takes the card and Deidre rips off and hands him the receipt. "You take care India. I'll see you around."

 India Tor slides off her stool. "Night Chief Callahan. be safe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment