Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sharing Burdens - Stephanie and Michael

Saturday February 11th

Stephanie shoulders her purse as she makes the short walk from her car to the door of the townhouse. She already had her keys in hand and now the lock turned and she stepped in, tired after a long shift but also with something weighing on her mind dragging her energy down a bit too. She shut the door and locked it again and then slipped out of her shoes and jacket, thinking on how to start explaining what was bothering her to Michael.

Michael is in the kitchen, finishing up a small bowl of grapes and strawberries.  He hears the door and turns to see Stephanie.  Moving to her, he leans in to kiss her and silently shows her the bowl, pointing to it and then her lips.  Then he nods in the direction of the couch and then the bedroom.  She looks a little tired, but when she works a long time at the restaurant, he tries to do something to help her relax when she gets home.

Stephanie kisses him back and smiles at him and sighs "Couch first please. But I love you for this..." She says quietly. There's something on edge about her like it was a tougher shift than normal. Her phone gives a little text ding and she purposely ignores it as she moves to the couch, dropping her purse, where the phone resides, beside it.

Michael nods and leads her to the couch.  "Bad enough day to need one of my massages?"  he wonders, a bit concerned.  He hears the ding, but its not his phone, so he doesn't worry about it.  "How WAS your day?"

Steph takes a strawberry and eats it "Those are nice even though it's not quite the season....." She sighs "Work was fine. Fun, actually. the whole day was good except for one issue, that I'll tell you about in a sec. I had coffee and cake with Anna, Tams and the new lady in Tams's life, Frank. They're adorable. then they came in for dinner again so more adorable. I talked about you...I'd ask if your ears were burning, but that wasn't the part I was mentioning..." She says with a little eyebrow wiggle "Anna might blush when you see her next......anyhow...." She takes out her phone now like she's trying to work up to something.

Michael shrugs.  "I am impatient for spring."  he admits.  He grins about the meeting with 'the girls'.  Then he chuckles.  "As long as you don't post pictures on the internet?"  he laughs.  "Ohhh yea ... Anna ...."  she ha never fit as his beard, but that turned out to be for the best.  He looks at her phone.  Something's up, he just doesn't know what.

Steph puts her phone on the flat of her one hand, palm flipped up, while putting her other hand lightly on top of it and smiles "No pictures, just positive reviews of your equipment and skills." she jokes "OK, in all seriousness. I have this friend, old friend, like since birth old. Our families are friends. You've heard his name even. It's Yoshi Tanaka, Yuki's son. He's going through a tough time, possibly somewhat self inflicted, but tough, and he's been texting me....like a lot. Which on any other topic I'd be fine with. He is a good friend, but we also used to date for a few years. And his issue right now is his marriage ending...and he's turning to me, when I've just told him I'm enraged to you. He's not being inappropriate, but he's leaning kinda hard on me for support...and I just feel awkward hearing about his relationship fall out stuff....you know?" She exhales after she gets it all out like it was work.

Michael laughs softly.  "I will keep that high rating.  Or die trying."  he promises.  Listening, he arches his brows a bit.  "Well, you're a sweet, darling and understanding woman, Stephanie."  he replies.  "And if he knows you are engaged then ...."  he purses his lips.  "But .... I don't know, Steph."  he knows how he is at heart.

Stephanie sighs "I don't either. I don't want to be unkind to him about it. I mean if he was having some other kind of problem it wouldn't feel awkward........and yeah he totally knows I'm engaged. He's not trying to win me back or anything. God it was before Colin, like end of high school, early university. I'm quite sure there's no issue there. It's just awkward." She throws up her hands now , holding her phone in one of them "And they're coming for Easter, he and Izumi. Yoshi hasn't TOLD Yuki yet about the separation. He's going to do it in person. I'm actually suggesting he do that on the phone....because otherwise my parents....being my parents...will invite the lot of them to Easter dinner....and it will all happen...there...." she laughs a bit "God..."

Michael nods.  "Well, Yoshi aside, I don't want you feeling awkward."  he arches hos brow at the news and he also laughs a bit.  "Oh ... yea .... I'd HAVE to get drunk and go through a window just to bring the tension level DOWN."  he teases.  "Wow .... he wants to do it ... face to face? Really?  Then again I never told my father when me and Sara broke up.  I let Sara do it.  Maybe his ex will call Yuki first?"

Stephanie thinks about the idea of Sabine calling Yuki and frowns "I don't think she'd do it. I've only met Sabine 3 or 4 times over the years. She doesn't come right out and say what she's thinking, not a confrontation person at all. I can't imagine how they fought because neither is he....he just gets all pathetic and wounded and runs off. See, I'm already being mean to him about it? Because honestly, Sabine is probably a better person, morally. Yuki ADORED her. She's French Canadian but he went on...and on...about how she was like Rei, his wife, and how that would be so good for Yoshi, which in theory it could have been if he had gotten his emotional shit together. So Yuki's going to be pretty unthrilled....and he hates confrontations too......so basically the awkward silence family, except Izumi. Somehow she's normal..." She laughs "Maybe I should call her. Garrett may have. They're best friends, and they were smart enough never to mess with it and go out." She looks amazed "Sara called your Dad when you guys split? Wow, I already thought she was pretty fearless but that's something."

Michael eats a couple of grapes as he listens.  "I don't think you are being mean, but I am your faithful caveman, so I'm a little biased."  he winces a little.  "Yea .. losing his beloved daughter in law.  But ... it could be worse.  Yuki is SO not like my Dad so that won't be where the pain comes from for Yoshi."  he looks at her.  "Remember, I didn't talk to my father.  So Sara did it.  I was still really messed up over Harley dying and all, but ... it wasn't because I'm scared of confrontation.  Shit that's part of my job, for fucks sake."  then he sighs and looks at her.  "Feel free to stick close to me.  I will try and be good ... not for Yoshi, but for you.  Cause .. you know me, I can only handle so many friendship hugs before I get .... impolite."

Stephanie pokes Michael "Don't club him too hard Caveman. He's not much bigger than Yuki." She laughs "I shouldn't tell you what Garrett's solution was. He told me to send him a picture of you next to a normal sized man. He was joking of course, and like I said that's not the issue." She finds herself climbing into Michael's lap now and taking a strawberry and running it around the edges of his lips "Sorry, distracted by things from another conversation today. I was telling Tamela how you rumble at me sometimes and that it gets me. For some reason the word size brought that up again..."

Michael grins.  "I will TRY and be good and not fold him up and stick him in the dishwasher.  But He'll probably see me anyway.  I will let my Irish charm take over, instead of my German stoicism?"  he leans back when she gets in his lap.  "I see."  he puckers into the strawberry.  "Now if you're going to make my relationship impossible, then that IS the best way to do it."  he puts his arms around her.  "Oh, so you were talking about my big .. tongue ... I thought you were using my cock to make Anna blush so you and Tams could entertain yourselves."  he winks and opens his mouth licking the strawberry before sucking it into his mouth.

Stephanie gives a little shudder as she watches him and shifts her sitting position so she's straddling him "Oh I didn't even mention your tongue....can't tell it all in one sitting..." She takes a strawberry now and swirls her tongue around it before just sucking on the end of it for a second and continuing "I did talk about your cock but I have much better uses for it tonight...." Now she nods to the bedroom imitating Michael as he'd done it when she walked in. Her phone dinged and she tossed it carelessly on the coffee table. Yoshi Tanaka would have to sort out his own issues tonight. She had a lovely and loving man to climb.

Michael grins watching her.  "Oh do you now?  My poor neglected tongue."  when she nods he is halfway into standing up with her still at his middle when the phone dings and she tosses it on the coffee table.  If she wraps her legs around him, he will reverse piggy back carry her into their bedroom and softly shut the door and set her on the bed, growling softly and nipping playfully at her neck as he works her out of her shirt.

Stephanie does wrap her legs around Michael and her arms tightly too. "Oh I'll figure out a place for that tongue too....don't you worry Michael Reinhardt. I want all of you right now...." She feels the shirt go over her head and yanks off his next, followed by the quick shedding between them of everything else before they quietly but intensely make love.

No comments:

Post a Comment