Thursday, February 16, 2017

Personal Days - Garrett, Ziven, Jeff, Sean. Mark, Erica and sick kids

February 13th

Ziven had awakened that morning with every intention of working ... until he saw the date on the calendar.  February 13.  He considered for scant seconds; did he really want to spend his first Valentines Day with Garrett in Falcon Island with Charlotte?  As he considered it, he got on the phone still buck naked and called in two personal days.  In the last four years he had barely taken a sick day, never mind a personal day, so they OWED him.  Satisfied with his decision he showered, dressed and flew to the airport.  Upon landing a bit after noon, he took out hos phone and sent Garrett a text message.

"SURPRISE!  Guess who decided NOT to spend VDay giving a falcon a check-up.   On my way to you now."

He sets his phone in its stand in his truck and starts the engine, pointing the vehicle towards Cedar Point.

Jeff Russell drives to his daughter's daycare and picks up a miserable snotty wailing Maisy Mouse. He's managed to get the afternoon off to take her home after the daycare called twice. Clearly she was really sick. As soon as she sees him she cries even harder and he has to wrestle her into the car seat kicking and screaming. "Oh baby, you need your bed.....I know you hate this right now......" Maisy writhes and slaps him in the face in her fury and then bites at his hand as he blocks the next one coming "Maisy....no..." he says firmly and clips her in. Thankfully he had changed her and given her a dose of children's Tylenol before he had to negotiate this fight. He started driving and she screamed and screamed, like she was being tortured. Jeff winced and tried to sing but she drowned him out. In desperation he clicked on the radio and just blasted it. Like a charm she was out cold in two blocks, sleeping like an angel, minus the congested snuffly snore. Jeff deflated and drove through Starbucks for a coffee and then proceeded to drive around to make sure she was really really down. Once she was, she could usually sleep through anything so he used his blue tooth set up to make a call to Ziven.

"Call Ziven." He commanded and the phone complied. It started to ring.

Ziven is heading towards Cedar Point at a decent clip, but its still a decent distance away.  His phone rings and he looks at it.  Jeff is calling.  He had set his phone to speaker and so only touches the answer button.  "Hey man, how you doing?"  he sounds chipper for a Monday.

Jeff groans "Driving with a sick kid, but she's down...oh man. But I gotta tell you about something before I forget. So your old....flame....is playing in your town Easter weekend. Erica just got me tickets for my birthday, well us tickets, so we're going. It's sort of a heads up and warning I guess. It's a ticketed show so you won't end up accidentally in the bar unless you buy one, but maybe we could grab dinner in town with you and Garrett first regardless. Erica's asking her mom and Hank, for a whole night of kid watching. Woo hoo!"

Ziven winces.  "Ohh the poor baby, whichever one it is."  he is sympathetic as he slows down for a red light and Jeff keeps talking.  His old ... flame ... could only be one man.  One person who sold tickets for any reason at all.  His jaw tightens so hard it becomes painful and his grip on the steering wheel is white knuckle.  But he closes his eyes and takes in a deep breath.  "Dinner sounds nice.  Maybe the Mariner?  They have great food.  Or the sushi place?"  which is even further away from the bar.  "Or the Chinese place is also nice."  and it is even FURTHER away from the bar.  Behind him a car honks impatiently and Ziven drives on, murmuring.  "Ass hole."  then he pauses.  "You're still a fan of Sebastian's?"  he asks, trying not to sound bitter.  "I guess he released another album?"

Jeff senses from Ziven's voice that this is still a major sensitive subject "It's Maisy. And he's done some solo stuff now. I did pick up the albums and so Erica surprised em with tickets....I probably wouldn't have bought them for myself, truth be told after what he pulled on you, but I didn't get into that over a gift, and we rarely get a night out together so what am I gonna say no?" He laughs awkwardly. Maybe he should have just let Ziven see a poster......

Ziven continues driving.  "No .. it's all good.  You liked his music before.  And he didn't do anything to YOU, so .. just."  he sighs and shakes his head.  "I know ... Phoenix .. which I didn't buy .. rising from the ashes my left fucking foot!  But man Red Bird?  Seriously?  You KNOW my name can mean Red Bird ... right?"  he sighs.  "But ... I haven't seen anything about a new album, but of course I left his Facebook friends everything while he was probably still on his way to the airport."

Jeff clears his throat and sheepishly offers "Uh well there's a..... newer one Card...inal....another...... type of......red...bird...." Jeff is feeling more and more like this whole thing was a terrible idea and tries to redirect "So Chinese eh? No MSG? Erica get a little freaky about the MSG....you know...." Somehow being mildly smacked around by a toddler seems relaxing.

Ziven sighs deeply.  "Cardinal."  his voice is wooden.  "Well isn't that just ducky?"  he blows out another breath.  "How clueless is ....." and he cuts himself off.  Jeff had been there.  The first person he'd called when Sebastian had left him.  Jeff had come over to find Ziven in a rare state of weak, crying drunkenness.  The apartment he and Sebastian shared utterly and irrevocably destroyed.  It was Jeff who almost literally picked Ziven up and took him to the airport and his trailer until he was in condition to fly back to Falcon Island and work again.  Basically Jeff who saved Ziven's life when Sebastian had suddenly and effectively abandoned him.  And Jeff who had watched ever since as Ziven buried himself in work.  He takes a long and calming breath.  "MSG is like a legal drug, man.  It's like .. everything is better with MSG.  You should use it instead of whipped cream in bed.  I adore your wife but ...."  he forces a grin into his voice.  "For her ...  Japanese.  Because Garrett will probably be working and watching him at work will give a man a hard on."  he tries to get himself back together.

Jeff grimaces and then can't help but laugh "Now I'm not sure who you're trying to get off, me or Erica, or Garrett. I'll try not to think about any of that too much and say yes to Japanese food....and Ziven, I'm sorry. I thought it might be easier to hear it from a friend than see a poster in town...I hope I made the right choice." He pulls into his driveway and puts his car in park and then takes a small sip of his coffee, a slight slurp being audible among toddler snot nosed snores.

Ziven laughs.  "All of the above."  he proclaims.  "If I ever have an orgy where I am SOBER I want you three in it!"  he laughs as he enters Cedar Point.  "I'm glad you warned me.  Thank you.  Really.  I'll be making DAMN sure I am in my office.  Maybe neutering a whiny little mastiff while the concert is going on.  Then at least I can remember Sebby as fondly as possible."  he snorts and listens.  "What is that noise?  Sounds like a Newfoundland snoring?"

Jeff laughs "I'll warn Erica you plan to spray us all down with MSG to get that started. And no it's my daughter......no one tells you how animalistic they can be right? She smacked me and tried to bite me half an hour ago. Who needs kickboxing when you have little girls to beat you up?." He takes another long sip of the coffee "I might be going for round two as I try to get her into the house..."

Ziven winces.  "Damn ... just .... damn.   And yea ... kids are like wild animals, or they CAN be.  Especially when you try and give them medicine.  Me?  I can send a patient a pill to hide in a treat two hours before I see them.  Or just use the handy dandy tranq gun."  he pauses.  "Oh ... yea ... well .. look at the time."  he suddenly says.  "I'd love to listen to all the carnage but I am heading for Garrett's to surprise him for Valentines Day ... which ... with the kid or kids sick ... sounds like you and Erica will have to find fun in the pharmacy..."

Jeff sighs "That tranq gun has definite appeal..." He laughs "Ok you guys have fun...and we'll have...something...hopefully. Cheers Ziven."

Garrett had left his car to go back in, eaten his offering of cheese and jogged up to his room. Leaving his phone on the bed, he didn't hear the text come in over the music. Garrett had popped on the album Cardinal by Sebastian Knight and found himself soon singing along. He was packing up but more than just for an overnight, intending to actually leave some stuff at Ziven's now and consider that conversation he brought up with Izumi about the two of them moving in together. He needed a spare phone cord and was pretty sure he had thrown one into a random box that ended up in the closet. So now he was rotting through trying to find it and wishing he was more organized.

Ziven laughs.  I have one in the back of my truck because ...  who doesn't?"  he smiles.  "Good luck, man and cheers."  and he taps out of the call.  A few minutes later he is at Garrett's.  He finds a place to park and sees Garrett's car, so he is definitely home.  Looking at his face in the rear view, he decides he looks fine.  Plucking his phone out of the holder, he pockets it and gets out of the car, walking to the door and ringing the bell.  Through the door he hears music.  A song he doesn't know, but a voice he does.  Sebastian.  It was like being smacked in the face, but he keeps his face neutral.  Garrett mentioned his roommates weren't working on all cylinders.
profile photo

Sean McGee saunters up to the door, his overalls now flipped down and hanging, almost in danger of sliding off him. He's holding a 2 litre of milk like he's been drinking from the carton and looks at Ziven like he might be a salesman "Yeah?" Ziven and Garrett had come and gone a bit but Sean is sometimes less than observant when it's not a cute girl in tow or on face time.

Mark on the other hand, quietly noticed everything and was in the background with a big grin and a double mime wave followed by the motion of releasing balloons to the heavens. This was a home that might be truly easier to comprehend if a visitor was simply stoned.

Garrett didn't hear the bell and was up in his room yanking out old boxes as the new one had fallen behind. He sang along with a song called Heart's Migration "Fly...back to me....our song still plays...the air is free....."

Ziven is dead cold sober, but wishes he wasn't as he looks at Sean and then, beyond him, Mark.  The music is making the air move, or so it feels like.  "Where's Garrett?"  he addresses Sean as an underling, but lifts his hand to Mark, even though no smile in in evidence.  Of the two roommates, Mark is the nicest ... sadly.  He lets his eyes raise to the ceiling as he walks in, brushing past Sean.  He can hear where Garrett is now and the words truly hit him.  As if Sebastian Knight is singling to him .. and Ziven knows ... he is.

Sean just shrugs and takes another sip from the milk carton and then walks into the living room and clicks on the TV.

Mark watches Ziven go by timidly and doesn't interfere. On the table beside him is an open jar of pickles and a giant block of cheddar cheese.

Garrett's door is open since he's dressed and his roommates were presumably still downstairs Not expecting Ziven, he starts a little as he notices him in the hallway and then beams "Hey!" He turns down the music and walks up to him arms open "You're not at work? Is everything OK?" He face is moving in for a kiss hello.

Ziven ignores both roommates and marches upstairs.  Garrett turns the music down before Ziven can march in and smash the stereo.  He takes Garrett into his arms and kisses him deeply, basking himself in the love he has now.  "I woke up this morning and decided that I needed to spend Valentines Day with the man I love."  he can still hear Sebastian and focus on Garrett.  "I sent you a text.  You din't get it?"

Garrett gets caught in the passion of the kiss and melts into it, kissing back hard and then distractedly answering with a grin "Aww, thank you." He looks back at the bed and his phone "Shit, I missed it..." He pulls Ziven with him into the room and picks up the phone with a look of over exaggerated dawning "Oh THIS text...." He drops the phone again "Sorry. It's an interesting coincidence, because I was gonna come crash at your place tonight anyways. Sean was a total ass earlier and I don't feel like looking at him or hearing him for awhile. Been one of THOSE days..." He says laughing.

Ziven smiles as Garrett looks at his phone and casually moves over to the CD player and turns it off.  "What did Sean say?"  he moves over and puts his arms around Garrett again.  "You can stay at my place.  You have a key already."  he shrugs as if its nothing.  "It's not so much my place as OURS, baby.  You know that, right?"

Garrett smiles and sighs "It's funny you should say that..." He takes Ziven by one hand and leads him to sit on the bed instead and then thinks for a second and walks to close the door "I'm kinda reaching my last straw with Sean right now." He sits down too and takes Ziven's hand again. The bag on the bed is a suitcase, not an overnight bag. "I was on a face time call with my old friend Izumi. You'll meet her at Easter, she's already looking forward to it. Yuki's daughter. We all grew up together, anyway. I put my phone down because Sean handed me a piece of mail and he picked it up and started hitting on Izumi, like a pig. She shot him down but then  he called her a cock blocker.....so I told him I'd cock block him less politely and cracked a joke that I'm all about the cock. Now if a friend said it, I'd laugh, but he could be a bit of a homophobe for all I know. He's a hard read. It just felt like a shot, not a joke. I needed up talking to Izumi in my car I was so pissed. She told me to move out...I told her....well i told her I actually kinda want to move in with you..." He looks at the suitcase "Like as soon as I can sublet this room...really...if you'll have me."

Ziven sits and listens, his eyebrows lifting.  Now that the music was off, he can calm and not go off on Sean.  He isn't pleased, but his anger always ebbs in Garrett's arms.  "I like Izumi."  he smiles and looks at the suitcase and back at Garrett.  "You want to move in with me?"  he grins.  "About damn time."  he smiles. "I will have you .....  if you ca deal with me not being home most of the time."  he sighs.  "I do still work at the Island."  he sighs, considering, his eyes drifting as he wonders at a few things.

Garrett nods, looking lovingly at Ziven " I knew the deal when we got involved. No complaints. Plus you have to deal with me working pretty much every night. And I didn't know you wouldn't have Valentines off so I didn't book it... but we're closed Mondays so we could make tonight our Valentines? After I sort through enough crap to find my back up phone charge cord..." He kisses Ziven " I love you and I want to live with you and make a life with you."

Ziven smiles.  "It's alright.  I will wait for you to come home, but yes .. tonight will be our Valentines Day.  Let me help you pack."  he kisses him back, passionately.  "I love you too and yes ... lets make that life together."  he smiles.  "Let's pack it all .. even your mail you got."  he laughs, almost giddy about it.

Garrett beams "Oh that's actually kinda your present but packing first... no pun intended... " he snickers and gets up, moving to the closet again and digging for that stupid box "I promise to sort and declutter before I move in... god..." He tosses a random box on the bed that's in the way. On the side facing away from Garrett it's labelled "Keiko" with a circle around her name and a line through it.

Ziven looks intrigued at the word present, but doesn't make too much out of it.  When Garrett puts the box labeled "Keiko" on the bed, Ziven reaches for it.  "Keiko?"  his hand rests on it, unsure if he should go through it or respect Garrett's privacy.

Garrett winces "Oh shit..you can look if you want but that was not intentional. Keiko is my ex wife...It's probably our divorce papers as well as wedding pictures. I didn't toss them because they're also some of the last family pictures with my grandparents...."

Ziven nods and pulls the box closer.  "Oh, I was afraid you had a thing for Kieko O'Brian from Deep Space Nine and I'd need to plan an intervention."  he teases and begins to go through the box, carefully separating any legal looking papers and photographs.  Near the bottom, he sees something metal and pulls out a wedding band.  It looks like a mans band, being thicker than a womans band would be.  He considers a moment, setting it on his side of the box.  Would it still fit Garrett?  Had his hand sized changed?  This was a chance to get Garrett's ring size on the sly.  But then he sees a wedding picture.  "So this is you, huh?"  he holds the picture out.

Garrett looks at the picture and laughs. He's a little younger and slimmer "Yep...oh man... no Keiko O'Brian's. But she's kept my last name so there's still a Keiko Yamada. I have no idea why since she was clear on my being a terrible husband." In the picture Garrett looks like he's hamming it up with his siblings beside him. Ryan as a young teen is clearly cracking up and so is Stephanie. Keiko looks very traditional and her expression is one of severity. Hiro and Sakura are smiling and leaning in with a sweet older couple who look more related to Hiro. Keiko's parents are obvious and behind her looking just as serious.

Ziven looks at the photo again.  "I can't tell, so you must be still the same size now, huh?"  he looks at him.  "Why did you get married again?  And didn't you two meet online?"  he tries to remember and coax all at the same time.

Garrett snorts "Flattery will get you everywhere. I was in a thinner phase but  I kinda yoyo'd when I was younger. He digs and sees the ring and tries to slide it on to prove his point and it doesn't go over the knuckle " I think this was a 9 but I had to butter it to take it off in the end. Stress eating. Although I'm probably two sizes bigger still... and we never need to talk pants sizes.." He laughs but it's clearly a sore spot. He chucks the ring back in and walks away from it like it's toxic to him and then opens another box and says "Aha... there it is..."

Ziven laughs, casually.  "Noted.  No talking waist sizes."  he watches the ring go back in the box making a mental note of this part of the conversation in particular.  He gathers up the pictures and legal papers and sets it aside, closing up the Kieko box forever.  Then he turns.  "There's what?"  he asks.  "Your cummerbund?"  he teases.

Garrett mock glares "You're lucky it's not or I'd have to gag you with it now. I found my phone cord. So one last check on the suitcase and we can run away. What do you want to do for supper? Should we stop for groceries on the way back..." He licks his lips and then adds "home?"

Ziven comes to him and takes him in his arms.  "Don't gag me.  I won't be able to tell you how much I love you."  he teases,  but he looks like he isn't interested.  "How about you make a list and while you work tomorrow, I do the shopping for you?"  he offers.  He watches how he says home and his smile only widens.  "Oh, don't forget my present.  Don't make me pout."  he grins.  "And we can get these boxes between our vehicles?"

Garrett smiles at Ziven in a melting kind of way and says "No gags. I love you too. Do you want your present now? Because your pout is making me sad...."
He slides his arms around Ziven too but sort of waltzes them to the dresser where he left the envelope and reaches one hand to grab it.

Ziven nods and waltzes to the envelope.  He looks at it.  "Damn right I want my present.  And if its sex I want to do it loud an proud for Sean to hear."  he reaches for the envelope.  "What might this be?"  he wonders, as he opens it to see for himself.

Garrett laughs "Don't tempt me. It's music. I dunno if you've heard of this guy but I've been a fan forever. He had a band before but now it's just him. And he sings about birds... I know what your name means. Sappy, I know, but it makes me think of you. It was playing when you came in." He's waiting for a reaction.

Ziven sees the tickets and stares.  In his mind he is using every trick he has ever learned not to show shock or dismay.  To stay professionally calm.  But he cannot believe this.  Two tickets to Sebastian Knights concert.  In Cedar Point.  The very one Jeff was just telling him about.  His stomach begins to knot, but he knows he has to say SOMETHING to his lover.  "I know the guy."  he admits, knowing Garrett will assume he is a fan.  "Well before he went solo."  he pauses.  "Yea."  he inhales and turns, reaching for Garrett and pulling him into a tight embrace.  "I love you, Garrett.  I love you SO FUCKING MUCH!"  he says into Garrett's shoulder.  He knows Garrett will assume a different meaning.  And he knows he will go to the concert with him, even tough he would rather eat ground glass.  Because Garrett is the man he loves and Garrett would never abandon him.  Let Garrett think that he is overcome with joy and love.  He'll be half right.

Garrett hugs him back hard "Oh...baby. I love you too. What a reaction!" He laughs into Ziven's hair "And here I almost chose a Taiko drum show, worried I was imposing my music on you... sometimes the universe knows eh? Happy Valentines Day Ziven. You are the absolute love of my life."

Ziven puts boxes in the back of his truck and tells Garrett he'll pick up pizza on the way.  That way Garrett will have some time to unpack some of his things and settle in before Ziven gets there.  In their separate vehicles Ziven watches Garrett pull off, then goes into his glove compartment, pulling out his car charger and plugging it in.  He gets his phone and sends a text to Jeff.

"MUST talk!  Urgent!  PLEASE PLEASE CALL!"

He plugs the charger into his phone and sets it in the holder.  Then he starts the engine and pulls away from the curb, praying Jeff isn't so up to his elbows in sick child he can't call him back before he gets home.

Jeff has miraculously gotten Maisy to transfer into the house sick and stay asleep. She clearly just needed the rest. He put on the monitor and took the portable with him to the office and fired up Uncharted 4 with only a little bit of guilt. He was off work with a sick kid and she needed rest......and bad ass, bat at retiring from treasure hunting Nathan Drake had an archaeology mystery to solve while dodging bullets in an ancient temple in the Scottish Highlands. Jeff was quickly drawn in and then his phone pinged and he checked it with a casual glance and paused the game. Ziven again. He swiveled on his chair and called him and listened to the ring tone while absently looking at his paused screen. The graphics in this game were amazing.

Ziven is relieved when his phone rings shortly before he pulls away from the curb.  He taps at it.  "Garrett got me a Valentines present."  is voice is shaking.  "And its fucking with my mind."  he gives a shaky laugh, nervous and almost upset.  Like it was a dogs head or something.

Jeff looks intrigued "You met a guy who fucks with YOUR mind? Dammit I'm calling Guinness......did he propose or something?"

Ziven tries to laugh.  He really does.  But instead hie voice comes out in a borderline sob.  "Two tickets to Sebastian Knight's concert in Cedar Point."  he makes the same almost wounded noise.  "And I hugged him and told him I love him because I do, but I would rather be locked in my office with a pack of rabid Yorkies."  he begins to ramble.

Jeff's eyes go wide and then he sighs loudly "Oh my god. He doesn't know? Ziven....I think you need to tell him..."

Ziven blinks and a tear escaped.  "No .. he doesn't know.  I said something like I knew the guy like I knew OF him, not like I spend four years balls deep in the man and so deep in what turned out to be one sided love I almost drowned when it ended.  He doesn't know I tried to drink myself to death the night he told me he was going to Montreal.  No, Jeff, I'm afraid I haven't mentioned any of that to Garrett yet.  I never thought it would come up ...."

Jeff nods "Well now it has. I'm sorry. If this Garrett guy is everything you say he is...then he'll be there for you. I mean everyone has a past right. I'm sure he does too. This is a part of you Ziven. I mean Garrett might even offer to sell the tickets if he knows how much this hurts you."

For a minute, Ziven simply cries.  And then he pulls himself together.  "Garret .... has self esteem problems, Jeff."  he explains.  "I love him as he is, which isn't even chubby, but .... oh God ... what is his self esteem going to do when he sees Sebastian?  And ... I heard one of the songs on Cardinal.  Jeff ... I don't mean to sound arrogant but ... he's aiming that shit at ME!"  he blows out a breath.  "I'll have to strangle his ass.  That's all there is to it.  There's no death penalty in Canada ... and I might get away with it clear."

Jeff can hear Ziven crying and gets more concerned "Hey man, pull over OK......don't drive like this, please. It's slippery out."

Ziven sighs and pulls over in the gas station near the very building the Black Hole is in and sighs deeply.  And then he takes in a deep and calming breath.  "No matter what.  I will NOT let Sebastian fucking Knight destroy the man I love."  he growls.  "It's bad enough I have to confess I used to sleep with the bastard.  But Jeff ....  I really don't think Garrett will take this well.  He's been a fan since the beginning ...."  he swallows and can be hears blowing his nose and getting out of his truck.

Jeff is immensely relieved hearing the nose blowing and door open and close. His friend is safe, still upset, but safe. "OK being a fan of a rock star is not the same as being in love with a partner. If I had a chance to meet U2 and Bono flipped off Erica, I'd punch the guy in the face. He's not going to choose Sebastian's music...over you. Think about it."

Ziven walks into the pizza joint and his tone seems to change, as if he's in his office.  "I'm worried about the exact OPPOSITE, man."  he says waiting behind one person.  He's ordered by text message before he and Garrett had packed up the truck.  The person in front of him is making a complicated order involving shrimp, pineapple and anchovies.  He waits a second and then moves to the clerk.  "I texted ahead.  Garbage for Ayala."  she clerk nods, looking relieved.  Ziven taps his card and takes the pizza outside.  "He's going to think I am going to choose Sebastian because he's fit and built and a singer ...  Jeff ... I don't want Garrett to stop liking the music if he is truly a fan.  But Sebastian ... he can get nasty.  And jealous."

Jeff gets it. He had seen a hint of that but not the whole thing "Well you have two choices. Warn Garrett when you tell him. Actually I think you should tell him regardless. And you could....try and head Sebastian off at the pass before they ever meet. You'd have to talk to him though..."

Ziven gets back in his truck.  "I know I have to tell him ... and then warn him."  he pinches the bridge of his nose.  "That means calling him.  Or going to see him."  he pauses.  "I mentioned the rabid Yorkies?  Chihuahuas ... make them Chihuahuas."

Jeff tries to lighten it with a joke "You could take a cage of them with you....as insurance..." His smile can be heard through the words.

Ziven blows out a breath.  "Part of me wants to just go to the concert and let him see me with Garrett but .... maybe that's the answer. I know what Sebastian would do.  Maybe I can turn the tables on him before he hurts my mans psyche too much."  he starts the truck and drives carefully away.

Jeff just listens and thinks it over "At least you won't be alone. Erica and I will be there too. God if I tell her what's going on she'll want to boycott the whole concert...but now I want to go...for you...and Garrett. Good luck tonight if you tell him."

Ziven nods.  "Good.  I need you there."  he explains.  "For moral support.  For what I was the day Sebastian left me ... and to hold me back if you have to."

Jeff laughs "Good thing I'm coming with Erica....Ziven it will be OK. However it happens.Why don't you and Garrett come over for dinner BEFORE all this? Once this sickness is out of our house. So at least he knows US too? Does he like kids?"

Ziven begins to relax a bit.  "I'll tell him.  But not tonight.  It would ruin his Valentines day.  This weekend.  And dinner sounds incredible.  Garrett is good with kids.  He has a 10 year old nephew and a little baby niece not even a month old."  he grins, remembering watching him hold little Jayla.  "And yes, please, after the plague is lifted from your home."

Jeff grins "I'll keep you posted and do the same for me ok? It'll be OK. Just trust. I should go...cause Maisy kept sleeping and I called Erica in a panic before, now I'm sitting here with a video game on when she comes home....know what I'm saying? Slacker dad of the year."

Ziven nods and finally laughs.  "Oh yea .... so you don't want her coming home and seeing you playing while your daughter, according to her no doubt, is dying in the next room.  Gotcha."  he grins.  "I'm almost home.  I'll let you know how it all goes in the next week or so man.  Kiss Ericka for me but only wave to Maisy from the doorway."

Jeff laughs "Will do man. Take care." He clicks off and swivels his chair again to see Erica standing in the doorway looking stressed and a mess. His eyes go wide "Honey?"

Erica scoffs "Oh sure, you get the sleeping child and a break. I just picked up Penny and she coughed so much she puked all over the car......don't touch me.....just get some towels and come to the driveway. It's like the fucking exorcist out there...."


No comments:

Post a Comment