Monday, February 27, 2017

Brunch rp February 26th - Tallulah, Doc, Connie

Constance Reader came dancing and humming down the stairs humming to herself. She sees Tallulah from the night before and gives her a big smile. "Morning! Oh my god your beds ROCK! And to think I was going to stay in that nightmare of a hotel?" she breezes into a chair. "Coffee pretty please with cream and sugar on top!" her energy is almost infectious.

Doctor Song "Hello Tallulah Hello ms. Is the seat taken?"

Tallulah Beal heads for the coffee pot with a grin "Oh the hotel's not so bad, but thank you. I'm glad you slept well." She picks up the coffee pot and then sees Rose "Good morning Rose." She thinks for a moment on the cheerful patron's name from her registration "This is Constance. Do you go by Constance?" She pours and puts a coffee in front of her.


Constance Reader beams at the woman and sounds thrilled.  "It's not until you take it!"  she proclaims.  Then she looks at Tallulah.  "Constance or Connie.  I'm pretty easy with it. Just no Mrs Reader.  I'm not THAT uptight."  she laughs.  "Well the hotel staff just seemed ..  I don't know ... confused ..some of them.  I stayed in their branch in Alexandra ... when I visit my sister."  she looks at the coffee as if it is nectar and begins to add cream and sugar.  "But this weekend she is hosting her boyfriend and thank god.  SHE needs to socialize!"  she rolls her eyes and sips.  "And Rose!  I love Roses .... so we'll get along great!"

Doctor Song "Thank you Connie  Coffee Tallulah  please and my usual  Bowl of bliss."

Tallulah Beal walks to get another cup and pours for Rose, smiling at both women "The Mariner's just got bought so it may be a bit hectic while they restructure. There's a beauty to running a small business. Of course Anna and I have to do everything ourselves too...that's the other side of it. Granola for you Rose...Connie, do you need a few minutes to decide on food? We have the granola bowl and then the typical fry up style breakfast, regular or vegetarian...vegan options."

Constance Reader 's eyes widen.  "Bowl of Bliss? Oh that sounds right up my alley!  Whatever it is, I'll have the same." she beams."Oh no vegan for me.  You got the WRONG twin."  she huffs.  "But that makes sense.  I was in a good mood and planned to STAY in a good mood so ..... here I am.  "I wasn't invited for Morgan's birthday bash.  'Family only', I was told like I am the eighth cousin three times removed instead of the twin sister."  she rolls her eyes and sips.

Doctor Song "The Granola here is the best I had outside of Norway" as she sips, " "how could they say you are not family if your a twin ,? sorry if it's none of my business, but  even 9th cousins are family were I come from."

Tallulah Beal furrows her brow and hugs the coffee pot to her "Morgan's birthday? On Alexandra?" She connects the dots and twins "Your sister is Sunflower Meadow then?" She laughs "Small world, very small. "My daughter is at the birthday, incidentally, Morgan's daughter. I'll go get that granola and be right back for more conversation." She looks amused and sets the coffee pot down as she heads for the kitchen.

Constance Reader rolls her eyes.  "My sister has this on-again-off-again boyfriend.  Yup...  Morgan."  she shrugs.  "And it's HIS birthday, so ....  I suppose I'm not HIS family.  But it's alright.  She lives in the North Woods of Alexandra on this open space with goats and no toilets.  I did my hippy bit and got over it.  So did our other sister.  Yup.  Sunflower Meadow is my sister. " she watches Tallulah walk off.  "I'll explain my relation to the WHOLE Wright clan when you come back."  she huffs.

Doctor Song "Sorry I didn't mean to spoil your good mood , she says humbly, " It's just there are some differences in culture i am not very versed on here,  as in why would someone change Morgan into the name sunflower ? Both are nice but Morgan sounds more professional."

Constance Reader blinks over her coffee.  "You ruined my good mood?"  she looks genuinely confused.  "Oh honey I don't you're even CLOSE to that good."  she teases.  "OK ... Morgan didn't change his name to Sunflower.  My sister did.  Now she's Sunflower." she sighs. "I say this is what happens to girls raised in a Conservative Jewish household with no proper leash to hold us in."  she laughs.

Doctor Song " ok That makes some sense then, I've seen the same kinda thing with Teens during russ year they cut loose, some never return to normal behaviour as its called."

Tallulah Beal returns with two granola bowls, still chuckling at the interconnections of Connie. "Here you go ladies. Since it's quiet, may I join you for a coffee and hear the tales of the morning and Wright clan connections?" She goes and pours herself a cup.

Constance Reader motions to the empty seat.  "Oh please join us."  she smiles.  Then she continues.  "Well .... Only Miriam returned to 'normal'. She was married to Sage Wright, who is Morgans cousin. Morgan is in and out of bed with my sister... which is a wonderful thing, because few people need to get laid more than Selma ... Sunflower."  she giggles.  "Now Sage .... wandered off someplace.  To find himself ... or something.  I know at least one of his sons is none too happy with it. "  she begins to eat and moans in carnal pleasure at the taste, but says nothing because that would require swallowing.

Doctor Song is a little confused by all the names of people she don't know yet, but listens intently .

Tallulah Beal's eyes move side to side like she's watching a tennis match in her head while Connie talks and then she just giggles "So that's her real name, Selma. Small small world." She looks at Rose "Yours must be too on an island like Theta?" She looks at Connie "Well we've never met because really all Morgan and I did together was have a fling at a folk festival and create a human. I wasn't the only woman he created one with that year so I raised Anna alone in Vancouver for the first ten years. Then she asked about her father, so we came back so she could meet him." She looks between the women "So I never met all these Wrights but Anna has met some of them by now. Maybe I was wrong to deny her as a child but he....already had a child on the way....he just didn't know it yet." She smiles at the reaction to the granola "It's all from the Okanagan. I strive to use local ingredients."

Constance Reader smiles and finally swallows.  "It's like a dream."  she tells Tallulah.  "But ... yea ... flings at folk festivals .. have their upsides."  she giggles.  "Well ... I wouldn't say all that.  Morgan is, if you can believe it he more stable .. in MY opinion.  But Miriam ..  my other sister .. left him anyway ... but trying to be 'right' left one of her sons with him."  she sighs.  "It's a mess.  It really is."  she looks across the table at Rose.  "You're from Theta?  Oh one of my best friends is there.  She teaches shop classes."

Doctor Song   Thinks to herself back to a time of Russ and well some of the Knots on her cap were earned by a few flings that spring, " yes I live in Theta  Know a couple of the school staff members  , Rodrigo Bender, Betty Padgett, and Judy  er deng it forgot her last name ."

Tallulah Beal nods at Connie and then laughs "Morgan is sometimes stable. Read his conspiracy book though before you commit to that word for him...." she smirks and then listens to Rose "Is it a big school? It must be bigger than ours here......"

Constance Reader arches her brow.  "Baldwin. Judy Baldwin.  She and I are in a Widows support group I have.  And I will be having more Senior activities very soon.  Taking over for the boob in Alexandra.  It's not at all organized and that needs to change.  "We're old, not dead and ...." she blinks.  "Conspiracy theories?  Well that explains THAT.  Sage thought of every one known to exist for his sons allergies and intolerances." she sighs deeply.  "The boy has some, but I also think many are in his allergic little head." then she giggles a little.  "But at least Morgan STAYED and didn't decide to go off and find himself, leaving a young and sickly boy at home ... OK .. not young .. he's a grown man, but still." she huffs.

Doctor Song:" Theta's actual school building was demolished  for safety  so I'm told so what exists now are the shops and some modern module classrooms for the normal school stuff. weird but the kids love the effect of a more open campus."

Tallulah Beal looks between the women "Interesting. Well however they can learn right?" she looks at Connie specifically "Are you from Vancouver then?"

Constance Reader shrugs.  "I don't get to Theta much.  Judith always comes to Tsawwassen." she looks at Tallulah.  "Which is where I am from.  I think I'm going to move, though." she giggles.  "My kids can't spell Tsawwassen, and .. too many others can't either.  So it's worth selling my condo to find a nice place everyone can spell."

Doctor Song giggles   " I think I need to be heading back soon, " she says  solemnly . " I have a town hall meeting to prepare for the mayor".

Tallulah Beal smiles "Well handy for the ferry, Tsawwassen." She mispronounces it a little and then looks at Rose "Big job it sounds like. How's he doing, the new guy? And it was good to see you."

Constance Reader arches a brow.  "Have fun with that."  she smiles.  "See ....  you can't pronounce it either.  What were they thinking?  Revenge on the goy!  But you take care, Rose and I hope to see you soon.  I think I will go and pack and head back to my unpronounceable home."  she laughs.

Doctor Song " He is doing a great Job but has his hands full at the moment"   Good Seeing you Tallulah and Great meeting you Connie"


No comments:

Post a Comment