Sunday, January 8, 2017

Mariner's Night January 7th, 2017 - Tonya, Brian, Anna and Oshi

Tonya Williams orders the salmon and wits for Brian to place HIS order.  She's dressed UP, not as casual as usual.  She sees Anna walk in and waves, a little shyly.

Brian.Stewart  looks around at what Tonya is looking at a gives a nod and turn back around . He speak in gruff Shetland tone.. "I think ill be having me self something a bit more .. hearty .. maybe a stew of sorta.. 'he say seriously 'need something to be sticking to me ribs.. 'he say .. his accent very strong that you have to concentrate to understand him

Anna Wright sees Tonya sitting across from a bearded man and grins at her, settling into a table where she's not right near them but can kind of spy a bit. It's been a quiet day. She nods to the man and then gives Tonya a little thumbs up when he turns around and then looks at the menu and says "Oh definitely salmon, why am I even looking? And a pint of amber please."

Oshi Shikigami: Hello everyone! So glad to see you again. - Anna, may I join you?

Tonya Williams smiles, really starting to get the hang of the accent after knowing him since she and hers came to Canada.  "I don't know ... do they offer stew?"  she wonders.  But then she shrugs.  She sees the thumbs up and bites her lip.  "This is so strange for me Brin." she admits.  "I mean .. you know ... dinner in Vancouver .. I don't know anyone.  Dnner here ..  People know us nd ..  I'm not saying I'm ashamed to be with you jsut ... people in small towns be kinda ,...  you know ... nosy."  she turns  little darker.

Brian.Stewart  nods knowingly 'aye .. i get to what your saying. 'he exhales and looking 'ohh lamb.. stew... i have that one a pint of the old dark brew.. 'he say his tongues rolling with his accent 'aye .. i get what you say.. luv.. 'He say .. 'this remind me of back home.. small town knew when you sneeze in a second 'he says raising his eyebrow. . he calmly slides his large freckled hand across the table to her .. 'but its like I'm home again .. 'he says softly.

Anna Wright beams when she sees Oshi "Oh my goodness! when did you get to town Oshi!" She stands and offers her a hug "By all means, join me. I was craving salmon. How are you?" Anna will sit down again after the hug if it's accepted and returned. She glances again at Tonya seeing a hand going across the table. Good for her, she thinks with a smile.

 Oshi Shikigami: "Thank you, It has been a long time indeed. Your looking good. Any news to share/ How has business been?" Oshi orders the salmon, after Anna's recommendation and a Guinness. "I jost got in From Japan, Had to do some paperwork, and it had to be here. Oh, ant Tatsu is doing well." Oshi smiles and seems genuinely happy to see Anna.

Tonya Williams smiles and reaches over to take his hand.  "I'm used to bigger cities where you don't know your neighbors even."  she chuckles a little.  "Like tomorrow when Mrs. so and so comes in with her terrier and asks me "How'd that date with Brian Stewart go?"  she laughs a little and squeezes the hand.  "I guess I just better get used to it.  But thanks for the trial runs in Vancouver and White Rock."

Brian.Stewart  nods 'aye.. i had that down in Orlando.. he say softly chuckling "did never get the names of me neighbors straight one way or the other. 'eh chuckles 'it keeps you on the right , because the victor himself knows your sins before Christ .. 'he laugh softly . he runs his reddish thumb against the back of her mocha coffee color hand . 'well i did enjoy sneaking bout the towns with you .. felt like i was in secondary school all o again 'he chuckle softly . 'least it helps me keep track of me peppered wee fox.. 'he laugh softly.

Anna Wright notices Tonya's date's accent and tries not to listen in, but looks amused. She focuses on Oshi "Good. Nothing to report. Just life in Cedar Point...aside from some crazy weather. It did put a little dent in the B&B bookings because no one could get to us right at the beginning of the holiday season but not too much. We get all the relatives no one wants in their homes i think..."she jokes and then asks "Do you celebrate Christmas Oshi or other holidays? Ours was an eclectic dinner with my mom, her boyfriend...you remember Chief Nick right? And a family of Swedish tourists. Nick had to go early but they taught us to make this mulled wine drink called glog....tasty and sneaky in it's potency."

Oshi Shikigami: This place has not changed much. No that I would expect it would. Nice to have some things that remain stable in one's life. A city that can recover as fast and well as this one did say a lot about the character of the population. Of course we keep getting them in Japan. Thankfully the last couple were not real bad. Oh, and I found some Americans to celibate Christmas with much like you do here. We had Col. Santa for Christmas, that is KFC And everyone has it for Christmas and New years in Japan.

Tonya Williams nods a little.  "Yea ... was it bad in Orlando?"  she ventures.  "I mean ... you haven't told me  THING about it and you been kinds tense so ...'  she laughs a little.  "See I didn't have a real date until I was like 25 ... and that wasn't s nice as our dates have been."  she admits.  It was only a few years ago.  "OK ... peppered .. wee .. fox?"  she asks a little stuck .. she understood the words but not the meaning.

Brian.Stewart  grimaces a bit looking back at tender need a drink 'well it.. went the wrong ways up.. it was pleasant seeing me mom an da.. bout .. otherwise.. it was a nightmare.. 'he smile at her .. 'i have had a proper date since i was young.. so its been nice . that was what 20 year go.. 'he blushes . 'so I'm kinda all not in sorts with the dating scene . 'he laugh soflty 'just chatted up some lassies at the hole.. but no win there 'he laugh softly 'oh me wee one.. .. well he isn't so small is he now.. Ol Kit.. i mean .. we call him our fox amongst our clan .. 'he laugh softly.

Anna Wright laughs "Col Santa? KFC? That's a riot! Must be specific to Japan because the Japanese Canadians I know mostly eat turkey...well the Yamadas do anyway. Do they at least offer stuffing...deep fried perhaps?" She looks simply delighted by the whole idea.

As if on cue, their meals arrive, steam rising from the beautiful salmon as joyful consumption begins.

Oshi Shikigami: "They do not have turkeys in Japan, nor ovens large enough to cook them in the homes. Everyone of the Americans, and most of the Japanese partied pretty hardy, on new years. And they did it for each Time Zone in the US, and for Japan. Long party. he he. Tatsu made a panting for me, as a gift. Here let me show you." Oshi pulls out her phone and find a shot of the painting and shows it to Anna. "Tatsu has found some mew friends at work, and from the university. She seems quite happy, and they seem glad to have her helping. I went to see her setup and was impressed. Very high tec, and modern. Mushi has been teaching her about Shinto, and Tatsu seems fascinated with her ideas."

Tonya Williams winces.  "Wanna talk about it?"  she asks and nods.  "Well, I guess we can learn dating together?"  she offers before grinning.  "Yea ...  Kit's like .. a little smaller than this BUILDING."  she giggles.  "I haven't met him but he looks like a pretty big boy."  she blows out a breath.  She isn't expecting to be introduced.  Not yet.  maybe never.  They're only friends dating is all.

Brian.Stewart  bites his lips.. 'just i ran into my ex and here new wife.. 'he say softly tenses up and relaxes a bit when he gets his drink... 'he sips a bit then looks at Tonya 'yeah .. tween you and me we'll have this dating thing all sorted out 'he laugh softly exhaling "Kit a big boy alright suppose i should blame him .. he is a Stewart 'eh laugh softly 'he say 'we tend to be big 'he laugh softly . and pats her hand . 'well if i could ever pin him down long enough.. hes like a hummingbird.. .. 'he smirks but smiles at her apologetically .. 'hows your daughter .. " he say sipping his beer

Anna Wright looks at the picture of the painting on Oshi's phone "That's just lovely. I'm glad she's well. I had a pretty quiet new years. The B&B emptied out so I took some sushi take out to my Dad and we watched the fireworks from the top of the lighthouse...best view ever." She smiles "Did you ring in the American times with your friends and Japan's?" She darts a look over to Tonya's date with the bearded Scotsman and smiles at her briefly. It looks like it's going well.

Oshi Shikigami: "Yes from Alaska to New York. Only one time zone in Japan, not even daylight savings. Traditional stuffing is not too common, but they do like gravy, But some graves are better at being authentic than others. Some just use curry instead. Curry goes with everything! Even curry ice-cream, Yum! There are many veggies you cannot get outside of Japan that can go with them And yes, some like fries with turkey." Oshi chuckles a bit at that." Especially kids."

Tonya Williams 's eyes get a little wide. "Your ex .... is a LESBIAN?"  she bites her lip.  It was like an episode of Jerry Springer.  She squeezes his hand as their meals come.  "Maybe someday we'll meet." she takes her hand back and surveys her salmon.  "That girlgon drive me AND my mama crazy now."  she scoffs, her own Ebonics coming to the fore.  "Wanted survival gear for Christmas.  I guess I need to be happy the election got her to stop thinking zombies gonna come out the ground and attack us all."  she scoffs.

Brian.Stewart  laughs softly 'yeah .. apparently .. i drove her to be a lesbian .' he smirk 'guess she had nough of a bearded brute that had thick .. accent 'he shrugs and spoons some lamb stew in his mouth. he nods swallowing 'yeah .. i sorta wanna be selfish and keep you all to me self .. 'eh winks 'and pretend that we're both young.. though you way younger then me .. look at me robbing the barn right out of her pram.. 'he winks at Tonya 'what will old stuffy victor morten . say .. scandalous.. 'he winks as he eats 'you don't say .. well though me kit had the big imagination .. ' he takes out his phone "here's him with some bonnie lass and best mate Addy at the ball in the town over " he show her . though in his excitement anyone may have seen it .. with his big fablet

Anna Wright makes a face "Curry? Well that's a bit different. I swear I eat most of Christmas dinner as a base for gravy...that's the best part. It's probably a different kind of curry than I'm thinking of....more like a Thai than and Indian flavour?"

Oshi Shikigami: "Oh it is like English version of Indian. Not really hot." Oshi smiles."Looks like you have some interesting people in town." Doing a very slight glance over her shoulder. "This can get interesting…" Quickly she changes the subject, and returns her glance to Anna"I guess it was luck to get here at all, Between the weather, and the ‘problems’ caused at Florida. Sigh, It was a lot more fun flying when I was a kid."

Tonya Williams  laughs and cuts her salmon with her fork.  "I like your accent." she teases.  "The rest .. we'll see ...."  she clears her throat."I'm only 14 years younger than you are so ... its not THAT much?"  she offers.  She looks at the picture while she dabs her lips.  "Oh she's cute."  she says.  "And friendship first is really important." she concentrates on her salmon.

Brian.Stewart  looks over watching the other patron a bit before turning back .. 'What.. 'he laughs 'don't you be stealing my thunder.. 'he laughs 'i like to be thinking that I'm .. '' eh trials off 'it think.. kits rubbing off on me.. he makes it seem so easy . he stows his big phone away in his coat pocket . 'yeah .. I'm liking .. our friendship.. and whatever this is.. 'he says looking at her.

Anna Wright follows Oshi's gaze to Tonya and her friend's table and then drops to a whisper "Her I've met, very funny....and he's...new.....but it's clearly a date don't you think?" She peeks over and back to Oshi conspiratorially and then says "You didn't fly anywhere near Florida did you? I mean Japan would be long but direct to here I'd think? Speaking of dates...whatever happened with you and Ryuko? I thought I saw some sparks in the air there....I live vicariously..." She jokes.

Oshi Shikigami: "I got a job at the university, and I work, and even do a little teaching. It is in the Engineering department, and can keep me fairly busy. They have Tatsu doing some special presentations, and when possible I try and drop in. I think, I hope, that she is having fun with that part. It all seems so easy with her. And, she deals with questions well. And so, I still pursue degrees, while teaching some too. Not so bad, If I say so. But just between you and me, The students in Toronto, had more fun. A bit different from here, as well. But it always happens with different cultures. Not a real problem, except when it is… "Oshi nods yes to Annas’s question, and smiles. "Now Ryuko, he stayed in contact, and found him a placement at the university, doing ‘tada’ computer for, of course. I see him quite often. And we both are very happy about that!"

Tonya Williams giggles a little bit.  "Well I was 16 when Sasha was born ... "  she smiles at him.  "I .. I like this too, Brian. You're really sweet."  she eats steadily, relaxing and enjoying the date.

Brian.Stewart  laughs softly 'well we can relive our teenage day s'he laughs 'well i was striking out with the lasses when i was 16 .. didn't have much luck with the lasses 'he jokes but shrugs .. 'i find you engaging .. 'he say softly 'and classy .. 'he smiles as he eats his stew smiling at her.

Anna Wright had been enjoying her salmon and punctuates her next point with her fork before a bite "I could see you as a professor Oshi. It's the monocle...either that or a super villain...but that's a whole other alternate reality." She teases "I'm glad you and Ryuko are still connected. You really have a lot in common." She smiles at Oshi and looks at the potentially new budding couple thoughtfully. Everyone was pairing off and content. Ah life.
Oshi Shikigami: Oh, you might enjoy this, our American friends, tease Tatsu and I when we are together, and the call us, “The towhead Twins! Well, Ryuko and I are not an item, by Japanese standards, But we do enjoy our company a lot. And who know? I just have to be careful with mom, or she will be setting up a wedding right away!"

Tonya Williams half snorts.  "Please no ... lets not."  she almost begs.  "I called myself being in love and got pregnant literally the first damn time." she shakes her head.  "I ain't managed to get the word 'pregnant' out my damn mouth before he bolted. So..fuck him ... well ... you know what I mean.  I got my baby and she got sense." she grins.  "Thank you for the compliment.  You're .. your really great, Brian."  she finishes her meal and looks like she wishes it could go on a lot longer.

Brian.Stewart  winces 'oh sorry .. didn't mean to open old wound.. luv.. 'he say softly he looks half angry at the 'boy' that did that to her. the coward .. he takes a long chug of his drink before setting it down . 'well that boy hadn't any sense leaving you and your barn alone like that.. he would have be skinned alive.. to do that back where i was from .. 'he shakes his head exhaling trying to calm down setting his glass down a bit to hard.. 'sorry .. 'he say softly 'didn't mean to do that.. he repeats a bit ..'exhaling and calms himself .. 'well i glad i got enough sense to have ask you to come to dinner with me . 'he say softly

Anna Wright eeps at Oshi's scenario with her mother as she takes her last few bites. After she sips the last of her beer and nods "Yeah I remember you talking about it being a whole process with the cultural expectations. I respect that, and good luck navigating your mom..."She smiles "I have to set up for the morning at the B&B but it's been so good to see you. Let me buy you dinner Oshi? Professor Shikigami!" She grins.

Oshi Shikigami: Mom says that I am getting ancient and too old for marriage. She says get married now, while I can "still have children." Sheish! And I am not even thirty yet. God only knows when Tatsu will be pressured? But, her health has not been good. So I try and see to her needs whenever I can. Thankfully dad is a little bit more lenient, But I do know he wants grandchildren, He just do not insist."

Tonya Williams sighs.  "Well ... it happens all the time where I grew up.  I was sixteen .. my mama was sixteen ... i want Sasha to . she don't have to get married or nothin but .. I want her to be older than 16."  she smiles at him.  "FOUR dates." she sounds somehow astounded.  "And I get to drive you home now."  she giggles.  "Ready?"

Brian.Stewart  nods 'she be fine.. this place has many eyes.. so .. shell be okay 'he laughs ' he nods 'lead the way .. lovely lady 'he winks at her . as he puts his money down for their bill

Anna Wright looks concerned and a little awkward "That is pressure." She stands and pulls her jacket on "Is Tatsu going to be OK?"

Oshi Shikigami: Anna it is been so good to see you again! Tatsu is fine, really, she loves the work and challenges, and getting along well. But I have to get going, to meet some people. And they are punctual.  Oshi smiles and bows. Takes care of the bill with a good tip.

 Anna Wright laughs as Oshi beats her card to the bill "thank you...email me and be well."

No comments:

Post a Comment