Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Shame and Regret - December 26th - Garrett and Ziven

This post is the morning after The Yamada After Turkey saki post you can find here:

http://cedarpointstories.blogspot.ca/2016/12/post-turkey-saki-with-yamadas-dec-25th.html

Garrett opens his eyes slowly and then closes them. The daylight hurts, everything hurts. He's in a world of pain. He forces himself to open his eyes fully. Actually, he's in Ziven's bed. Oh god Ziven! Surely he's about to be dumped the second Ziven sees him this morning. Come meet my family, he had offered. It'll be fun, he had promised. He shuts his eyes again and awkwardly calls out "Ziven, are you here?"

Ziven was lounging in the living room, watching mindless television. When he hears Garrett, he stands and moves into the kitchen area of his house, at the sink. He has a large saucepan on the stove and it is steaming. "I'm here." he calls as he reaches up into the cabinet and pulls down a huge earthenware coffee mug. Grabbing a large ladle, he fills the mug with the contents of the saucepan, leaving plenty. Then he moves to the bed and sits on the edge. "How are you feeling, Master Chef?" he asks, his tone light ... but quiet. He's almost whispering.

Garrett rolls towards his voice and then feel suddenly nauseous and groans "Uh....." He looks ruefully at the cup "If your plan is to poison me so you don't have to let me down easy, I accept."

Ziven watches him with a slight measure of sympathy. "Baby if it was THAT bad, you wouldn't have woke at all." he tells him. "This is a ginger peppermint tea, very popular on the reservation. My mother used to make it by the gallon for my father. Works like a charm." he offers him the cup, half expecting to be puked on before all is said and done.

Garrett chuckles slightly and then stops, reeling. He takes the cup cautiously but doesn't dare sit up as he slowly sips. It's ginger and peppermint tea. It actually does offer some relief almost immediately. He looks up at Ziven after he swallows "Thank you. I'm so sorry....I don't think there's enough sorry in the world for last night."

Ziven watches him and grins. "I love you ... remember?" he caresses his unshaven face. "And as drunks go ..... you guys are fun and very entertaining." he offers a half a grin. "And even though I am glad you and your sister didn't get into a fistfight ... it could have been very entertaining."

Garrett smiles and then leans into the caress "I love you too." He snorts "I would die if I fought Steph. She's completely brutal. You've never seen such underhanded forms of torture to the human body, never mind the fists. It's like the Vulcan neck pinch times a thousand."

Ziven laughs. "I got that idea .. partly by your stories and partly by Michael NOT coming to her aid." he grins. "So I am not ready to lose you ... just .. don't do this TOO Much, baby? Or always with me? I ... had to deal with my Dad .. too much ..." he pauses. "What do you remember?"

Garrett looks pained "I'm sorry. I don't want to push bad buttons for you. I honestly rarely drink but I'll never do it again if it hurts you. I remember crying, and giving Dad and Yuki my phone....to....oh shit....Callahan....did he call me?" His eyes go wide "We drunk dialed the chief of police....."

Ziven chuckles. "Yes, you did indeed drunk dial the Chief of Police ... and he DID call you back. You might not remember that part." he assumes. Garrett was in pretty bad shape by the time they got back. "I explained everything and even offered him a free exam for his dog while I was at it. I got your back, my love." he teases.

Garrett lays back and carefully puts his cup on the side table "Thank god....what did I do before you Ziven? Oh yeah felt sorry for myself and woke up in my own puke......I really shouldn't drink. you just don't hey? I mean it's not like I need it and clearly I'm pathetic..."

Ziven smiles at him. "Yea ... well those days are over ... well maybe not the getting drunk part." he shakes his head, looking mildly insulted. "I don't sate pathetic men." he huffs. "So that cant be it." he considers him. "Why do you think of yourself like that?" he asks. Something had to have causes his self esteem problems.

Garrett shrugs and then tries to say it with humour "Because I was the fat lame kid everyone picked on in school. I'm not anymore...but you know...I still hear it in my head."

Ziven nods. "No, I get you." he takes his hand and kisses it. "I am obviously not ravishing your body enough to drive it out. I won't today ... too dangerous." he grins. "I like your body. It's not too soft and not too hard body. Michael is a great guy but I bet you could hit him with a car and ruin the car."

Garrett has to laugh "Mike is a bit of a wall of man yeah. I dunno why alcohol brings all that stuff up....maybe that and Steph yelling. I mean she was my protector as a kid but that just made them worse once she wasn't around and we got back to classes. Nothing like your sister beating up a bully for you to make the bully even meaner. And yeah, I don't recommend coming onto me right now...might get more than you bargained for...." He reaches for the tea again but slowly sits and winces before drinking.

Ziven chuckles. "Maybe he got beat up in school too. Some guys go down that path." he speculates and the grins. "Well I can protect you now. But I will put on a pink feather boa, some swing in my hip and beat them with my sequined clutch." he smirks. "I have NONE of those, but will be happy to get them for you." he watches him sit up a bit and leans forward, putting his pillow behind Garrett also. "Today I will be your personal nurse. Take care of my man. I figure mild food ... maybe a hearty chicken soup .. lay in bed and watch some stupid sappy movie. No blood and guts JUST in case. How's that sound?"

Garrett shakes his head "No pink boas please. I like you just how you are...and you're spoiling me rotten. You remember I did this to myself right?" He owns it. "But I like Pixar movies......and soup......" He admits.

Ziven chuckles. "I know you did it to yourself. But I know there's a reason behind it too. Plus, you are NOT the worst drunk in the world, believe me. And I like taking care of you. I'm a caretaker by nature and you don't bite at me just because you're in pain." he nods. "Alright, Pixar ...." he moves back in the living room area and grabs the remote, bringing it back and handing it to him. "Search away, Master Chef."

Garrett finds one and sets it up to play and then hit pause. "How bout Wreck it Ralph?" He asks across the room.

Ziven is headed into the kitchen. "Great choice. Let me get the chicken boiling and we'll watch."

Garrett stretches and pulls the cover up. He notices Ziven actually put his pajama bottoms on him and smiles at the sweetness of it. Surely he was a shitty patient about it. "Ok...I'll be here...actually wait...I need to pee..." He hasn't actually gone yet and he's had a mug of tea. Garrett swings his legs over and shudders at the remaining nausea from movement "Oh god...I think I'm gonna hurl...." He manages to stand and makes it to the bathroom before there are horrible retching noises.

Ziven hears him as he begins to boil the chicken. It's still relatively early, so he can let it simmer like crazy. He moves slowly back to the bed, giving Garrett his privacy in the curtained off bathroom area. "Did you hit the bowl?" he asks, softly.

Garrett whimpers and then manages to moan out "Uh huh...." There's the unmistakable sound of him urinating after and then the toilet flushes and the water in the sink runs for a very long time.

Ziven quietly breathes a sigh of relief. Alcohol puke is NO fun. He beats the pillows and pulls a couple more out of a trunk, then snaps his fingers and goes back to the kitchen for the plain old bland corn chips, pours them in a large bowl and goes back to the bed.

Garrett lumbers back out and goes into the kitchen after Ziven getting a simple glass of water. He sits down at on the edge of the bed "Do you have any Tylenol? My head is killing me again." He slumps forward and leans into his hand, holding his temples like he's trying to contain the pain.

Ziven nods and stands, going into the bathroom and getting the Tylenol. He brings them to Garrett and places them in his hand. "I have plain corn chips, crackers and the soup is just getting started." he rubs at Garrett's back.

Garrett nods and takes the pills "Not right away....but thank you...." He slowly lies back down on his right side facing away from Ziven's side but very much appreciating the comfort and kindness.

Ziven sits near him. "Ready for the movie?"

Garrett murmurs "Mmhm.....distract me from my self imposed misery and I'll love you forever." Thinking and realizing he doesn't want that sentence with conditions, even as a joke he forces himself to turn and look at Ziven "Pretty much a guarantee regardless. Thank you for putting up with me."

Ziven chuckles. "Nice save ... but it alright. I love you ... even sick." he reaches for the remote and turns on the movie, settling in to nurse his love.





No comments:

Post a Comment