Sunday, October 9, 2016

Chen's Grocery Role Play Sept 29

 Ushi Chen wipes the counter down absently glancing around.

Rita Potter walks in the grocery store and grabs a basket, nodding to the elderly woman at the counter.

Oshi Shikigami: Hello Hani! Hows it going young man?

Haninozuka Wang whistles some scary theme song.. fanta goricall only a month til the best day of the year .. 'he says excitedly

Ushi Chen surveys the customers critically and gives the odd nod as someone passes. She takes out an order sheet and frowns at it "Why'd they raise the price on that one?" she mutters in annoyance.

Rita Potter moves over an aisle and examines the snacks, fondling the pen hanging off of her sweater.

Oshi Shikigami: Oh yeah Halloween! Yeah, Tatsu is working on a painting of it, She will send it to you when she finishes with it. Have you got a costume or something? Going to hit the cemetery? Oshi winks.

Haninozuka Wang looks at you 'what so scary about the cemetery .. those people dont like people to bother them 'cuz its scary 'he says shaking his head .. 'nah .. i think i want to be a zombie or something.. he says softly .. but im not to sure yeah. but free candy right 'he laugh soflt

Rita Potter considers the snacks with a critical eye.  Seems to be quite the decision

 Oshi Shikigami: Oh, and she sent me something. Oshi digs in her pockets and comes up with a small, looking to be pillbox and hands it to Hani. It is from Tatsu, cabin mate, the priestess. She had it carved just for you. Opening it he will see a short pencil, and long lead. The lead itself is micro minutue carved in extraordinary detail it is Hani's name and a image 3D of Godzilla all carved from the lead.

Haninozuka Wang smiles as just as he was about to reach for a bag of popcorn .. he instead reaches for the pillbox and opens it .. he carefully and daintily picks up . the pencil and examines .. he nods smile 'this is wicked 'he smiles carefully stowing it back in the box and putting the box in his pocket. he fishes around for in his back pocket .. 'this is for her ' he say softly explains ... 'its a micro Sd card with the edited prologue to that horror film I'm working on 'he says.

Ushi Chen observes what appears to be a gift exchange with mild interest and then tosses the order form aside and sticks her pen back in the pen cup with a clink.

 Rita Potter glances at the woman and boy and moves closer to them.  She watches the exchange.  "Oh, that's lovely." she looks at the gift in the boys hand.  Then at the boy  "Are you an actor?"  she wonders.

Oshi Shikigami: Oh wow! That's so cool! Could I read it too? Bu hey if you would prefer not, that is totally fine to. But I shall get that off to her I am sure she will be thrilled. Oshi smiles brightly.

Haninozuka Wang looks back his eyes glancing at the pen clink .. his eyes dart around at the exit . his breathing increases before he registers the ladies speak .. he looks at Rita ' nah .. just a future film maker .. 'he say softly and then his eyes shift to Oshi.. "its just some video footage that I record and a script.. but sure .. I don't mind you looking 'he say softly and reaches out to pluck the bag off the rack.

Ushi Chen opens the till and checks her coin rolls hoping someone intends to buy food today and not just clog up her aisles with idle chatter. Her expression is mutely sour.

Rita Potter smiles.  "How ambitious.  I've known many.  Covered James Cameron a few times."  she looks casual.

Oshi Shikigami: I bet some of those navy times may think they have created a monster by bringing her on board. She has already blown away their math team, Seems she is doing some teaching to them! Se did a painting for the captain, and he has it proudly displayed in his cabin. I wouldn't be surprised if she "owns" the ship soon, all at thirteen years old, Oshi chuckles.

Haninozuka Wang chuckles at Rita 'I bet that was treating picking his brain.. ' he smiles and look at Oshi "Good then she can order them to pilot that thing back here once in awhile 'he says seriously .. 'maybe she'll rule the world one day " he says chuckling.

Ushi Chen cracks open a new roll of quarters and they clatter into the drawer. The phone rings and she answers it "Chen's? What? No.....we are not a Seven Eleven Mister." She clicks it back onto the receiver without a goodbye and snorts.

Rita Potter looks at the woman.  "His girlfriend is in the navy?  At thirteen?  In Canada?"  she sounds scandalized.

Oshi Shikigami: Yup, Entirely possible. First they have to do what was it she said, "target practice" With bows and arrows. Yeah, that was it. So, who knows. But I would suggest you be good to her when she is wearing her officer's sword, though. Oshi says in mock sternness. Oh ma-am no that would be in the Japanese Defense force Naval Operations. And she volunteered with her parents permission, even though they asked her first.

Haninozuka Wang blushes.. 'she not my girlfriend ' he half shouts.. a bit confused and embarrassed... 'she a friend that happens to be a friend 'he say .. he looks down at the bag flipping it over pretending to read the ingredients.... he looks back up at Oshi..'well she is good with a sword . like michonee.. like she is my own Michone in my world.. 'he laughs 'she is such a bad ass 'he say softly looking at the bag again ... he turns to Ushi 'do you have this is ultra spicy "

Ushi Chen laughs at the kid yelling "she's not my girlfriend" and then deadpans "It's Sriracha. That's not hot enough boy?"

Rita Potter arches her brows and smiles.  "Do tell.  The Japanese military.  Fascinating." she glances at the boy with her smile completely intact.

 Oshi Shikigami: Yes, contrary to popular opinion, members of the opposite sex can be platonic friends. I agree with you Hani. It would be sad to think half of the world would either be lovers or no friend at all, yes? Oh, um, I guess I could have put that differently, but you know what I mean. Oshi blushes a moment and seem to be distracted by something in the shelves.

Haninozuka Wang still looks at the lady and in fluent Mandarin.. say 'no it is .. I need it hotter ' he says softly and turns to the ladies "I'm not zombie... I just like the way it feels when the pepper burn my mouth 'he says softly . he looks at Oshi. his eye raising 'what do you know .. 'he say questioning .. before looking back at the bag.. then turns back to Ushi.. 'well do you have wasabi .. ' he adds

Ushi Chen answers back in broken Mandarin "I speak Cantonese. And aisle 3 for Wasabi." she looks annoyed by the question.

Rita Potter nods and waves the whole thing away with her slim hand.  "Right.  Right.  Now about this child military in Japan..."  she urges the woman.

Oshi Shikigami: Yeah, these government types cam to the school here, and gave her a bunch of tests. And shortly after they chatted with her parents in Australia at the time. She went and talked to them all, and when they asked, and offered a degree, and an officers rank, they all accepted it. So she went off to the Navy. Oh, yes she, like myself are Japanese.

Haninozuka Wang counters in broken Cantonese "Sorry madam thank you." he bows at her.

Muishitsu Monshin steps quietly behind a small gathering of towns folk.

Ushi Chen barely bows back but inclines almost as a posture change. she notices the new customer behind and peers curiously, and slightly critically like she tends to do.

Rita Potter looks thrilled beyond words.  "From a school here in Canada?" her smile offers interest.

Oshi Shikigami: Hani, do you remeber if Tatsu fed Miso wasabi? I need to get him a treat. I cannot see much else that would be a special food for him here. Yes, Tatsu was staying with me here, increasing her English skills, which are as good as mine already. While her parents where vacationing in Australia. She is my cousin, and I have been caring for her here.

 Haninozuka Wang: watches Ushi gaze and point 'look a bad ass samurai dude.. 'he says in English this time .. he turns to oshi .. 'yeah .. cool little dude. he loves wasabi'

Muishitsu Monshin: Clears his throat "Excuse me, Namaste." He bows ceremonially "I am new here. I am Muishitsu Monshin from China."

Rita Potter nods.  "Is that so?"  she replies.  "And when she is trained by the Japanese ... she'll return to Canada?" she turns to look at the newcomer, her eyes dancing.

Ushi Chen sees the man bow formally and tilts her head, just staring at him now. At his name she straightens and stares.

Oshi Shikigami: Oshi scoots over to the aisle where the wasabi was said to be and returns quickly. Yeah! OK, hope this makes our little 'mutant' a happy boy! Oshi smiles. Well, I believe that is her ultimate ambition when she left, anyway. But After she has had some time in the military, I suppose that could change? Seems it has with others I have know anyway. So, who can say. But I am happy to be here for her, if she wishes it. Oshi nods and smiles.


Haninozuka Wang looks up at the dude 'sorry 'he says in Mandarin ..then goes back to English as he looks around the next aisle at the different soft drinks and stuff

Muishitsu Monshin: There is never a need to apologize young man.  Then moving toward the cashier)) ... In English, just in case some here don't speak Cantonese... As I said I am Muishitsu Monshin I've come to Cedar Point to discover if perhaps anyone would know of my Great Grandfather Ning Hai Chen.. I'm told he was once an important part of this community.

 Ushi Chen gapes at Muishitsu "I didn't recognize you Muishitsu. I am Ushi Chen." She half laughs "You've come a long way ...."

Rita Potter grins.  "Naturally."  her voice is only mildly dry.  "Um ... excuse me." and ges arund the corner to look at bottles and snacks. When the man and wrinkled cashier start talking she glances over her shoulder.

Oshi Shikigami: So anyway, it seems they are intent on making some new promotional thing about younger people in the Defense Force, in Japan, and are doing a sort of pilot program to see how it works. Or so it was explained to me.

Haninozuka Wang grabs a bottle of mountain dew before beeline for condiment aisle .. looking at Oshi . 'they start young.. so they can hook them 'he says knowingly.

Muishitsu Monshin looks more closely at Ushi "My Ushi! how you've grown! Of course you're only about 15 years younger than I, but you do not at show your age! I was not certain that any of my relatives were still here! It is a long way from Guangzhou."

Ushi Chen smiles more warmly than many see from her and does a genuine proper bow in greeting saying in Cantonese "Greetings and blessings cousin." and then in English as she leans back "Many generations from it. I'm afraid all I have to show you is a grave and old pictures. But welcome."

Rita Potter glances over.  "Young pilots.  How encouraging!"  she looks at the boy and her smile actually widens a moment as she nods.  She coughs slightly when the man speaks to the woman Ushi.

Oshi Shikigami: Well I know there are some people that think it is horrible, and some who don't know, and some that are fine with it. But I honestly trust Tatsu's judgment more than her parents. And as long as she is OK with it, I am too. But, if anything goes wrong, I would fight for her too. regardless. Oshi says resolutely.

Haninozuka Wang leans over his head sticking out 'it sucks.. don't they have grown people to do that shit '' he hides back behind the aisle.

Muishitsu Monshin raises a brow and glances quickly back at the youth, surprised at his language in a public place.. then turns back to Ushi "I'm just very happy to find you here Ushi." He glances over his shoulder, looking outside with a nearly imperceivable tick of nervousness. "I'm considering making Cedar Point my new home here in Canada, now that I'm retired." Again glancing quickly out the window. " It seems right to come to the place that our Great grandfather helped in it's early days."

Ushi Chen looks past her cousin to his glances wondering if he is expecting company "Are you here on your own Muishitsu? Do you have a family with you? There are some accommodations in town. I don't recommend the B&B though. It is run by a woman of ill repute...."

Rita Potter arches her brows.  "Her parents are neglectful?  Or they have exercised bad judgement before?"  she wonders looking curious.

Oshi Shikigami: Hani, I will say it just as she explained it to me, OK? She said, that they do not need her to hold onto a gun and charge the enemy. She said, They have some complex math, that perhaps only a few people in the whole world could help answer. And that with "someone" right across the sea, works bitterly hard, every day, to be able to destroy your homeland, what person, in good consciousness, say, it is not my problem? MY GOD I am proud of her! Osh says loudly.

Haninozuka Wang shrugs "I didn't say wasn't proud of her .. it just sucks.. but yeah she is special.. alright.. normal people 'he shrugs plucking some hot sauce of the shelf and going up the aisle .. 'but that's life huh .. 'he shrugs .. looking around the aisles wandering a bit as if just looking to see what he might like

Muishitsu Monshin again raises his brows at the mention of the brothel. "I have come alone Ushi. and I will be looking for accommodations even yet tonight if it's possible. My attempts to call ahead for a hotel stay didn't work out because of the storm damage in Guangzhou. All the lines were down before I had finally decided to come.  You Mentioned a grave and photos. I look forward to seeing them and to spend time catching up with you. I've not seen you since you were a teenager." He glances at the boy." Do you remember much from your brief visit to Guangzhou?"

Ushi Chen sighs "It was a long time ago..." she stops talking as the woman asking many questions gets closer to her and looks suspiciously at her before continuing "We can offer you accommodation until you are settled Muishitsu. I will share with my granddaughter and grandniece to make the space. " she pulls a key from the till drawer and offer it to her cousin "Upstairs. do you remember my brother Michael? He and his wife and their daughter live there as well as my granddaughter and I. Feel free to take the first room facing the parking lot. I will move my things later. But if you are hungry, get what you need from the store. I'm sure you had a long flight and terrible food."

Rita Potter grabs a bag of chips and turns to the counter.  "Did I hear you mention the B&B?  I was thinking of staying there.  Who is this woman of ill repute?"  she sounds concerned.

Oshi Shikigami: Yeah, "normal people", Trust me that I do understand! My parents wanted me to find a nice guy, and raise a family. What girl needs to be an artist a photographer, a plumber, and an engineer! Yup. I know. And there is Tatsu, and she is a decade younger, and will have her PhD before I do! Before she is an "adult"! You want to talk special? Yeah, she is so special. Oshi begins to tear up.

Haninozuka Wang raises his eyebrow 'ill repute.. the b and b 'he say softy 'what you talking about.. they make bomb ass.. egg toast sandwich and give the best candy.. 'he says softly confuses 'he looks back .. and goes to Oshi and pats her back 'look I'm sorry .. she was meant to be where she is .. 'he smiles at her

Muishitsu Monshin bows with respect and then reaches out slowly for the key... "I really don't need to put out your whole family Ushi, I failed to let you know I was coming. It seems unfair to make everyone move on my account." He looks to the woman with the chips then to Ushi. "Is a brothel really allowed in such a modern city as Cedar Point?" Then tucking the key in a hidden pocket in his hamika, I'll stay until I can find a place that won't put you and your family out of their own places..

Ushi Chen smiles "It is a bed and breakfast and I'm sure the eggs are acceptable. Just don't let that hag Tallulah get her hooks into your men." she takes the chips from the woman still eyeing her suspiciously. She noticed Oshi getting emotional and looks at her and Hani blandly before looking back to her cousin "We are family and you need a bed. You would do the same for us I know." She swipes the chips and says in a bit of a bark "2.25. You wanna bag? 5 cents."

Rita Potter smiles brightly.  "Tallulah .... No bag."  she reaches into her pocket for her card, which she swipes.  "Have a FANTASTIC day."  she beams and heads for the door.  If anyone is watching, she will call out.  "Cody!"  and throw her bag of chips in the trash out front without even opening them.

Oshi Shikigami: Oh, Hani, I know you worry for her, and care for her. And I appreciate that you were there for her to. She has always express gratitude on that. Whatever paths you make, separate, or together, I am blessed to see that those younger than myself, still can do what they believe, and have the ability to choose. Seems there is just not enough of that, any more.

Haninozuka Wang stifles a chuckle.. rolling his eyes . biting his lips motioning his head at Ms. Chen but pats Oshi's shoulder 'well thanks for that .. I'm sure it'll turn out okay .. its like script writing.. you already know the beginning and what you want it be in the end.. but its the middle part you have to worry about 'he smiles .. and watches .. why she throw that away .. he says watching her ..

Muishitsu Monshin: "Ushi, I see from the sign that you must own this store? You've done very well for yourself..." He glances outside quickly and pats the key in his pocket."I've come because I've retired from my work and ((uncomfortably)) there's nothing for me any longer in Guangzhou." He seems to drift off in thought and then catches himself and returns his attention to Ushi.

Ushi Chen sees the woman toss the chips and looks after her like she has three heads. She snaps her gaze back to Muishitsu and looks proud at the compliment "It was our father's Michael and I took it over with Jade. Only grocery in town, they don't like it....go to Vancouver!" She laughs and then nods slowly "Your life sounds complicated. Mine too. We'll talk when the customers and nosy waste makers aren't listening. "

Oshi Shikigami: Someday, Hani, you will understand, how silly futile and hopelessly entwined in ones own realty, and further disregard, for those, one can become Jaded, misunderstanding, or worse... Understanding only too well. And you get to a point you just say "F" it. and let the fates blow in the winds, as they choose. And hope, you do not end up regretting what you have done, to late to deal with it.

Haninozuka Wang folds his arms across his chest 'I don't do what people say if it doesn't benefit me somehow... and I don't regret.. cuz it was my choice ' he says softly ..smiling 'but yeah .. I sorta understand .. 'he says softly ' sometime regrets even become something good.. I'm living proof'he chuckles .. walking up to the cash register and adding a couple of bars of chocolate to his chips and mountain dew

Muishitsu Monshin steps back a pace to allow the young man to the counter. "That sounds like a good idea Ushi. It's my habit to take a walk every day and being in a new place, I will surely be out and about a lot as I learn the layout of Cedar Point. I'll also be looking for a library or maybe records at the Town Hall for some family research. I'm sure you probably know as much as anyone about our family here.. It has been a long day. The plane was very turbulent and I've been traveling actually three days to get here. Perhaps I will look around for a snack and find a cafe for breakfast in the morning.. Now Ushi," He looks her in the eye  "I want you to know I pay my way. I can offer you what I have or please keep a tab for me until I can convert my money to Canadian. Okay?" Muishitsu Monshin looks casually around at the shelves.

Ushi Chen starts swiping Hani's order across the scanner and it blips as each item adds up. At a certain point she has the popcorn and the hot sauce in each hand "Trying to break the toilet? S'gonna hurt later." she jokes wryly and keeps swiping "You got bags?" she demands and then says "31.87." She calls over to her cousin "Alright. I'll keep a tab." her tone is a little sarcastic like the tab is fictional between them.

Oshi Shikigami:Yeah, Hani, LIFE is like that. Things seem to flow real sweet. Only to have everything you believe in trust in, is all swept away in a heartbeat. And you are left with nothing - again - and start, again. And hope, pray that this time... But it only is for a while, than again, the wheel turns.  Oh! I almost forgot, how about some parsly? So my tuttle can have fresh breath, after his wasabi treat? Osh asks at the counter.

Haninozuka Wang looks at you 'nah.. my digestive tract works just fine.. i don't even get a stomach ahe with this ..'he raise his eyebrow.. and pulls a canvas bag out of his back pocket.. 'eah .. i have bags 'he say softly . he says slowly count out his money .. and settles it in on the counter.

Muishitsu Monshin quickly makes his way through the aisles picking up a few snack items. and returns to the counter. "Ushi, Do you want to show me the room? or shall I just go up?"

Ushi Chen looks at Oshi like she's asking if they have moon cheese "Parsley for a turtle? Don't they eat pellets? It's in the produce if you want to waste your money." She glares down at Hani's slow counting as if willing it to go faster and then says offhandedly to Muishitsu "Yeah go on in. I'll be up if I ever get a break...."

Oshi Shikigami: Yes, parsley. And I know they make them have really stinky poo, but that is later, afterwards, one can "prepare".

Haninozuka Wang looks at her and finally hands her the money in ones and change before smiles 'thanks.. 'he say after he hands the total to her

 Muishitsu Monshin: Bows with respect.. Thank you Ushi for your great hospitality and reception. Considering you had no notice of my arrival I very much appreciate all you're doing for me.. ((nervously glances again out the window briefly but intently as though to break through the darkness)) waits for Ushi's reply and then makes his way to the stairs he saw outside on his way in near the dragon.))

 Ushi Chen takes the money from Hani and puts it in the till. she bows back to her cousin "My home is your home as they say." She will of course ring through Oshi and give her the usual Ushi till treatment when it's her turn.

Oshi pays the extra five cents for a bag, and places her purchases in the bag, bows to each one there, and says to no one in particular, I am heading home now to reward a well behaved turtle. Smiles and heads out the door.

Haninozuka Wang also pick up his purchase and slumps off to his usual hiding places on the island before he has to be end at night

It was just another day at Chen's with new faces and old.

No comments:

Post a Comment