Monday, October 10, 2016

A Lavender Thanksgiving

Sunday

Thanksgiving lunch role play at the Lavender Dreams B&B


Rose Song looks around  cautiously

Han Wang is looking out the window in a bit of a dreamy daze

Rose Song glaces over and notices  a fellow diner , good morning, er happy thanksgiving?

Han Wang jumps a bit out as he is startled out of his deep dream "Huh,, what.. " he says in a heavy Chinese accent. He looks around the source and nods his head "Good mornin.. " he says softly "Yes.. happy thanksgiving I guess .. 'he says softly 'he laughs 'I always forget that thanksgiving is earlier here .. only been here a year . " He laughs softly, nodding at the lady .

Rose Song softly smiles "Yes it is a new idea to me  as well most of the time I am sailing and forget the days."

Han Wang chuckles "I've live in American since college and that was a while ago.. 'he smiles 'do you mind if i join you .. 'he say softly 'save me a neck strain to talk to you ..

Rose Song "Feel free , it is a good day for new friends. I am Rose."

 Han Wang smiles and bow his head "Thank you .. I'm Han .. Han Wang," he waits for the server,  smiling.

Rose Song "Nice to meet you Mr. Vang er Wang sorry I forget its pronounced differently here than in my Native Norway."

Han Wang smiles "It's all good." he says softly "I have still trouble pronounce English word right." he laughs softly.

Rose Song " That I understand very well,  no matter how much I try it always seems wrong."

Han Wang nods "Yes it still is frustrating .. even all these year.. I though I did so well learning back in Beijing in high school but i still have some trouble saying some words."  he laughs as he receives his meal . his wedding ring clinging on his glass as he takes a sip

Rose Song "So nice to talk to another foreigner here.  I admit I get scared  to speak at times."

Han Wang nods "Sometimes I do too .. I feel like I'm embarrass my son Hani .. " He says softly "I try very hard to not mess up but .. I suppose it would help if I spoke more.." he says softly "I'm usually speaking my native tongue at home and at work in Vancouver."

Rose Song sighs a little "At least you have that , even in my own country the Saami  or Lap language is rarely spoken in public."

Han Wang looks sympathetic "I'm sorry." he says genuinely "I feel one's culture is very important to keep and to pass on to future generations .. " he says softly as he cuts his meat, eating "I'm starving.. " he laughs "My wife and son are .. sick.. " he says softly "I'm stepping out for a breather as they say .. I think." he says softy "My wife Miku say to leave the house .. she get a bit ... short temper when sick .. I think I was annoying her.."he says softly "Or the she said that to give me a break."

Rose Song "Aww that's a good thing you have a good understanding.  only one that gives me trouble is my boat." laughs

Han Wang laughs softly "I think they are gettin the flu or something... I'm to blame." he says blushing "I think I brought to them .." he says, looking embarrassed "Now I'm well and they're sick."he says softy.

Rose Song "Ah  sometimes one gets sick before the other but will hide it until afterwards."

Han Wang nods, laughing softly "Well at least I can eat solid food now.."  he says softly.

Rose Song "That's always a good thing." She whispers as not to let the servers hear it.

Han Wang laughs softly as he takes a sip of his water "Yes if I have to drink broth .. again .. it wont be too soon." he says laughing "Though my Miku joke she will final lose that last stubborn 5 pounds she been meaning to lose." He jokes.

Rose Song "Aww that's every woman's complaint  and we never need to  but we always say it.  always silly isn't it?"

Han Wang nods "I agree. Because she looks perfect the way she is but she say that I have to say that because I'm her husband." He laughs.

Rose Song laughs along "I seem to doubt that , you say it from Love otherwise you would not."

Han Wang smiles "I think she thinks that too but she like to have the last laugh .. as you say .. " He chuckles softy "So you sail.. that seems fun .. " He says softly.

Rose Song" It can be and then there are some days its very rough out there and I wish I had a nice house on land."

Han Wang nods "Oh so you have a houseboat.. " he says pensively "That some adventurous."

Rose Song "Not really a house boat more a boat with a cabin inside, small, like living in a camper van. But it's big enough."

Han Wang laughs softly "Me an Miku live a coupla months in a RV." he says softly "Well before Hani made his presence known." He laughs softly.

Rose Song "They do pop up in life , I never had kids myself but I'm auntie too 5 nieces and 4 nephews and that's well and good enough."

Han Wang smiles  "We just have Hani.. and he is more then enough." He laughs "He is a good kid.. just very unique." He says softly.

Rose Song giggles "Cool.'

Han Wang smiles "It's an adventure with one." He laughs softly "Very very different from his peers except his best friend but I wouldn't have him any other way." He smiles.

Rose Song "Ah, I was like that in school. I had just one good friend."

Han Wang "Mee too." He laughs softly "Always was pulling me into crazy stuff after another but .. never a dull moment."He laugh softly "Got into a bit of trouble every now and again .. but wouldn't trade it for the world."

Rose Song giggles "Bet you never chased away the neighbor's reindeer. I got into a lot of trouble for that."

Han Wang laughs '"Does their oxen count.. I grew in the country." He laughs as a little boy 'he laugh softy 'but no i cant say the reindeer .. much better story 'he laughs

Rose Song "We didn't have oxen in Finmark  but I would say that you win."

Han Wang shakes his head "Well more like they chase us into a rice paddy..." he laughs softly.

Rose Song "Better than a snow bank any day, we had to hide from everyone buried in one  but he coughed and we got caught  I was grounded for life."

Han Wang winces "I think you win that one." he laughs softly.

Rose Song smiles

Han Wang laughs softly "I don't think Hani can get in that sort of trouble here . no farms around."

Rose Song "I am sure there is somethings to get into kids are magnetic to mischief."

Han Wang laughs "They have a knack for finding it."

Rose Song "Indeed, agreeing."

[10:31] Han Weng laughs as he finishes his meal gentley pushing aside his plate. so what is it that you do for a living

Rose Song "I am a Pensioner."

Han Wang smiles "That sounds fun .. don't we all wait for the day to retire?" He smiles, chuckling.

Rose Song "Oh I was forced to take an early retirement."

Han Wang frowns "Oh I'm sorry .. " He says apologetically.

Rose Song "Don't be. Things happen and this was a very good thing."

Han Wang nods and smiles.

Rose Song "Brought me closer to my source."

Han Wang smiles "Well that's always a good thing." He laughs softly "I'm just ok if I'm near my Miku and Hani." He says softly "That's what home is .. where your family is. "

Rose Song "My source is the sea it calms me and takes away the nightmares and pain."

Han Wang nods "And mine is my family." He smiles "It's good to have sometime that makes you feel renewed."

Rose Song "Yes speaking of that, I need to be going  before the holiday makers get out in there boats and clog the sea lanes."

Han Wang smiles "It was good to have met you." He says softly "Good Sailing."

Rose Song calls over the server and quietly  pays both tabs.

Han Wang smiles "Oh thanks you." He bows softly "Good fortune to you." He smiles

Rose Song "Likewise Mr. Wang. Happy Thanksgiving to you,  Miku and Hani."

No comments:

Post a Comment