Thursday, September 29, 2016

Falcon Island Part 2 - Solid Ground

Ziven Ayala brings the plane in for a short landing.  It's not his best but its far from his worst.  It's been an uneventful flight, as he has been concentrating.  One thing he learned was that a planeload of people can be unnecessarily distracting.  He was, after all a Rose first.  The tourist side of the island was a necessary evil, in his opinion.  Were he to be honest, he'd keep the animals as far from the humans as possible but ... they had the money.  The plane bounces once and sort of slides to a stop, rather abruptly as the runway really isn't near long enough.  "Welcome to Falcon Island, folks!"  he calls out, merrily and moves to open the passenger door and help with disembarkment.

Charlotte Gibbs steps forward with a clipboard as soon as it's safe "Hello everyone, and welcome!"

Michael Reinhardt holds on for the landing.  Flying was never his thing, but at least he hadn't gotten sick.  He was incredibly distracted, thinking of why he'd really come to the island. Wondering if he could just sort of wander off and find the man, speak to him, then go and maybe relax, like he was supposed to be doing this weekend.

Anna Wright looks ashen and is breathing like she's about to hyperventilate. She takes the hand and then almost falls anyways "Oh my god...." she mutters and stumbles forward.

Oshi Shikigami: Oshi hand her back pack out and tries to be graceful exiting, but twist her foot and flinches.

Ziven Ayala smiles and nods at them all as they disembark.  "Watch your step folks."  he offers his smile until the last passenger is off.  He tries to settle Oshi.  "It' the heels."  he jokes, noting her boots.  He looks at Charlotte and narrowly avoids shrugging.

Charlotte Gibbs steps towards Anna and the woman with the white hair "Are you both alright. Hi Anna." she smiles "Go sit by the fire...you'll get your feet soon." she looks at the woman's heels, seeing the ankle twist "Is it bad Miss?"

Michael Reinhardt looks back when Oshi stumbles, but also notes the Rose has her.  He steps aside and looks around with his brows raised.  Sure, the place has a runway ... or ... a strop of maybe concrete or rocks that would serve as a runway.  NOT a real urban area.  But its small, as he noted from the plane.  The old man had to be here someplace and he's already narrowed the possible places to two of the buildings he saw from the air.  But he is looking around as if searching for concrete or a power pole or even a sidewalk.  City boy to his core.

Anna Wright nods, looking back at Oshi and then Michael "I'm going to go sit.....Sorry just a bit queasy here..."

Oshi Shikigami: Oshi says to Anna, lets hobble over there together? She smiles and offers assistance if needed.

Ziven Ayala watches Charlotte help Oshi as he moves around the group, near Michael.  "Told you."  he chuckles at the mans look.  He had warned him that this was more country than the larger man.  "Go on and .. have a seat, why don't you?" he nods towards the fire. "Everyone rest up, we have drinks and snacks to help you recuperate."

Charlotte Gibbs heads towards the guest by the fire "Rough one sometimes. now you can relax...I'm Charlotte and you can ask me anything you need to about the island. I'll get you all set up in cabins in a moment." she looks down at her clipboard.

Michael Reinhardt takes another look around and nods.  "Yea .... um .. I think I will try out this pamphlet first."  he holds it up and, looking almost shy, heads for the outhouses while everyone else walks to the fire, turning their back to him.

Oshi Shikigami: Oshi smiles and asks everyone if they mind having their photo taken, and she promises to send pictures to any that are interest.

Rose Song: oh hello , i don't believe we have met I am Rose Song //nods head in polite acknowledgement

Ziven Ayala looks around, glad that Oshi changed her shoes and giving her a thumbs up for it.  Then another comes up and he nods. "Welcome Miss Song.  I am Ziven Ayala and I am one of your guides for the weekend."  he smiles.  "Please have a seat."

Charlotte Gibbs steps her foot up on the log and looks down her sheet on the clipboard "Rose....Song....did you book online? I'm trying to sort out who's who here for the cabins. I know Anna...and...I assume the guys was Michael because you booked him Anna" she looks at Oshi "And you are Miss?"

Oshi Shikigami: Oshi Shikigami. at your service. Oshi does a little bow and smiles.

Anna Wright nods "Yeah that was Michael...we can probably share.....I mean it's bunks right Char? And I have a friend coming tomorrow by boat, Stephanie Yamada..."

Rose Song: No cabin required for me I am the one who was inquiring about dock fees online.

Ziven Ayala listens as Charlotte does the PR thing, which amuses him to no end, because he KNOWS her.  He is almost tempted to slip away, but that means Charlotte will blow her cover by beating him with a clipboard, so he remains still.  Instead he looks at Anna.  "So it will be you, Michael AND Stephanie together or just you and Michael tonight and you and .... one of them tomorrow night?"  his tone is as professional as when he is in vet mode ... because they really do need to know who is sleeping with who in case of emergency.

Charlotte Gibbs looks down at Rose "Oh yes of course. Your booking is confirmed. Calm waters for your sailing I hope?" she looks at Oshi now and smiles "Do you have a cabin preference Oshi? They're all open right now." She glances at Anna "I'll do yours next and I got your email about Steph..." She overhears Ziven and gives what she hops is not an obvious little eyeroll. SHE would deal with the reservations thank you very much!

Anna Wright can't help but blush at Ziven's question "I uh....yeah together....not in the same ....just the same cabin...." she looks at Charlotte awkwardly and then sees the eye roll and suppresses a giggle. After she answer Oshi belatedly "I'm totally cool with pictures. Snap away."

Oshi Shikigami: I am quite flexible Whatever will make the most sense, or other happy. I am fine with. Oshi smiles weekly.

Rose Song: smooth as glass out there thank you and ms. Oshi feel free to take as many pictures as you wish as long as you get my good side

Ziven Ayala smiles.  "Oh of course, Anna.  I wasn't assuming."  he sees Charlotte's eyeroll and ignores it completely.  "Ahhh pictures.  He pulls out a little gizmo and it makes no real sound, but thirty seconds later a falcon comes and lands on his shoulder. "Can she be in them, too?"  may as well dazzle them with real live nature.  he goes in one of his pockets for a treat for the falcon who eats it and then tucked in another pocket is his glove, which he puts on, even though the bird is on his padded shoulder.

Charlotte Gibbs is pointing her fingers at the cabins and walking around writing notes "Alright Oshi in cabin 1, Anna and entourage in 2." She sees the falcon fly to Ziven and gives it a wide range so as not to scare it.

Anna Wright nods and then looks delighted by the falcon "Oh super cool!" she smiles at Doc "Aren't you glad you happened upon our brunch? So glad to see you here too!"

Oshi Shikigami: Of course Rose, critters are something I love to shoot, um, with a camera. And thanks to those who are OK with shots, I always try and get the good side (she chuckles) and for the rest I will endeavor not to catch you as well. Thanks!

Rose Song: Most welcome , wow what a magnificent bird of prey is it named? and i am very glad that my hungry tummy introduced me to your brunch

Ziven Ayala stays relatively still, letting the bird look at folks. He grins, mostly at Charlotte for her caution.  Looking at Oshi he chuckles.  "well, I suppose I wouldn't mind being caught by the right one."  he teases, putting on the tourist and Rose charm. "This little lady was rescued a couple weeks back.  Her feet were damaged.  She's on the mend but I'm not sure yet if she can be released."  he looks at Rose and sort of cants his head.  "Well right now her name is PF117-082316.  If I can't get her well enough to release, I'll think of a name for her and she'll become an educational aid to my work."

Charlotte Gibbs hangs back, letting Ziven do his bird thing and amuse the tourists. She smiles at everyone politely.

Anna Wright sighs "She's so beautiful. She deserves a nicer name."

Oshi Shikigami: It is said an animal well tell you their name -- when they are ready.

Ziven Ayala chuckles.  "I agree, she does.  But right now she is just part of he rescue, so a nice and sterile Canadian Government issued number. "  he looks at Oshi.  "If I can't fix her ankle a hundred percent, then I will hope she tells me her name.  Until then I hope it wont be necessary, if that makes sense."

Rose Song: she will tell you her name as she flies away with the wind of her wings

Ziven Ayala chuckles.  "I agree, she does.  But right now she is just part of he rescue, so a nice and sterile Canadian Government issued number. "  he looks at Oshi.  "If I can't fix her ankle a hundred percent, then I will hope she tells me her name.  Until then I hope it wont be necessary, if that makes sense."  he smiles at the ladies.

Charlotte Gibbs ticks some things off on her clipboard and says to the group "I'm going to go put these invoices in the binder for you all and print out your receipts. Dinner is self serve in the dining hall at 5. There's always coffee and fruit. Anna, we'll catch up later.." She gives her old friend a smile and then extends it to all "So nice to have you all here.'

Anna Wright smiles back at Ziven and then to Charlotte "Sounds good. Everyone's so poetic today.'

Oshi Shikigami: Yeah, after the infestation of Raccoons, I think some got the wrong Idea about me, and maybe I over did the joking about fishing for whales out my apartment window. But I do like most critters. I did some rescues too, including Kamoto dragon one loosed upon Japan! Didn't eat Tokyo tower, but we got him first LOL Oh and Doc, any advice on photos of critters, greatly appreciated!

Rose Song: poetic+ i guess i am just starting to feel more at ease . i will starting singing to the bears in the woods next.

Ziven Ayala smiles and keeps the bird calm.  "Occupational hazard with me, Anna."  he inhales and exhales slowly.  "Please forgive me.  I need to get her medication and tend a couple more animals. But I will be around if you need me."  he points to the building on the docks .. his clinic.  Then he waves and walks off slowly.

Rose Song: chuckles

Anna Wright looks worriedly at Rose Song "I think you should back away slowly from bears. See you Ziven." She looks at Oshi "Which cabin did Char say was who's again? I might take a little nap. this is a holiday after all."

Oshi Shikigami: "Oh my, I think it was you and your entourage. That one." Oshi points.

Rose Song: Sorry I wasn't paying attention , but if you get tossed out I do have a couple of benches on the boat

Oshi Shikigami: Well it is starting to get dark, and I think my foot is beginning to swell, If I can find some ice, I think I should get off it for a bit.

Anna Wright laughs, standing "Thanks ladies. I'm going to go crash while I have it to myself. See you both soon." she walks in the direction Oshi pointed and heads up the steps and through the screen door.

Rose Song: waves Good sleep you both I am gonna check on the blankets.

Oshi Shikigami: Ms Song, it has been a please to meet you I hope you have fun here with the rest of us. Oshi picks up her bag, and trundles off to her cabin, she has a camera monopod she is using as a walking stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment