Monday, September 12, 2016

Cedar Point Brunch Sept 11

Anna Wright picks up a coffee pot as she sees a familiar face "Dr. Ayala. good morning. Sit anywhere."

Ziven Ayala nods and smiles. "Thank you .. and some coffee, please ... and keep it coming." he looks a smidge tired.

Anna Wright comes over and pours "We have lots. I'll come back after you've had a few sips. I know those mornings." she smiles.

Ziven Ayala reaches gratefully for the coffee with a smile. "I wish it was that fun." he blows to cool and sips it black THEN adds a little sugar and creamer. "Since I am only in town on the weekends ... I had a bit of a backlog with surgeries." he admits

Michael Reinhardt walks into the brunch and raises a hand to the Dr, as if he might be considering saying something, but then moves to a chair and sits. "Mornin Anna .. let me have the granola and fruit please. And coffee." he asks.

Anna Wright turns and smiles at Michael "Morning and absolutely." She looks back at Ziven "Do you know what you'd like to eat before I hit the kitchen?"

Ziven Ayala sees Michael walk in and wave. He takes another sip and calls out. "Good morning, Officer Reinhardt. And April is fine. She's a little trooper." he winks a bit, already knowing what Michael is worried about. "I want her to rest a bit more, but I will drop her off before I go back to my week job ... station or your apartment?" he looks at And. "Actually that granola sounds good. I'll take that too. The regular breakfast has eggs in it right? So yea .. the granola."

Michael Reinhardt heaves a bit of a sigh. "Thanks Doc. I appreciate that. I SHOULD be home by around three thirty or four. So my house if possible. If not drop her off at work and someone will slide her under my desk for a couple hours if she’s alright for that."

Anna Wright smiles "Kitty mascot for the CPPD! We can do a tofu scramble if you want the full breakfast Ziven." She moves towards Michael, pouring him a coffee but looks back, still in earshot before her trip to the kitchen.

Ziven Ayala chuckles, but doesn’t reply to the comment about the CPPD.  "No ...  I think the granola will be fine, but thank you for the offer.  I just can't eat eggs and look my falcons in the eye later."  he teases.

Michael Reinhardt laughs. "I doubt that." he tells Anna. "I .. found a kitten during the earthquake and .. I'm just .. now getting her all fixed and her shots and all that." he tries to sound mildly annoyed. "Since no one claimed her after the quake. You know .. I put up the posters and all, but .. so .. I took her in is all."

Ziven Ayala chuckles.  "Which reminds me, Officer.  Because of your sacrifice, I a giving you the shots for nothing.  It's a special I give rescuers."  he drains his coffee.  "One time only, but I know both April AND I appreciate your taking her in."  he smirks.  "Pain in the butt that it may be and all."

Doctor Song: Looks around and shyly asks for some granola and coffee.

Anna Wright sees the new patron and walks over, pouring a coffee "Of course. Good morning and welcome to Cedar Point."

Michael Reinhardt blushes, but chuckles himself. "Appreciate it, Doc." he says nothing more, really about it. He looks at the newcomer and nods a quick greeting.

Doctor Song: thank you, just sailed in yesterday evening

Ziven Ayala looks at the newcomer with a nod of greeting and then looks at Anna, lifting his coffee mug for a refill.  "Please."  he adds the verbal to the request.

Anna Wright smiles at the woman and then walks over to Ziven, giving a new refill "The docks are so nice this time of year. Not so many tourists." She heads for the kitchen next to make all the granola bowls.

Michael Reinhardt nods at the woman. "Welcome to Cedar Point." he greets her with a friendly and quasi official smile, as he represents Cedar Point as a peace officer.

Doctor Song: thank you it’s a pleasure to visit

Ziven Ayala smiles as he watches the black gold poured into his cup.  "Bless you."  he chuckles.  He looks at the woman.  "Are you syaing or only visiting?"  For him the tourist season is over, but his work is not usual.

Anna Wright comes back out with three bowls, dropping them off in the order they were ordered, to Ziven first, then Michael and then the new patron "Bon appetite." she says to the room.

Michael Reinhardt smiles. "Thanks Anna." he looks into his bowl. "How's it goin?" he asks her, casually. He knows she is still dealing with the mess with her brother and is well aware of how he hasn't been the biggest help in many ways.

Doctor Song: Thanks Miss , I am visiting the area for now until my home is finished down the coast.

Ziven Ayala thanks Anna and picks up his spoon.  He murmurs something quickly that is unintelligible.. It’s perhaps a prayer.  Then he begins to eat, not speaking much as he does so.

Anna Wright replies to Michael "It's going.....this week is a bit intense." She smiles wryly and then steps closer to the new patron "And you sailed here? I'm Anna by the way."


Michael Reinhardt eats a bit of the granola and nods at Anna's reply. "I bet." he glances at the newcomer. "Oh .. my manners. I'm Officer Reinhardt. Michael Reinhardt. Just one of the cops about town." he introduces himself, without commenting on the sailor aspect of this woman.

Doctor Song: Hi Anna, Officer,Dr.Rose Song, Friends call me Rosie, yes I sail all over it seems as of late.

Ziven Ayala eats neatly but quickly .. one of the signs of a man on a relatively tight schedule.  He does take a pause to introduce himself.  "Ziven Ayala.  The local part-time vet."  he doesn’t use the term doctor.  That part is pretty obvious in his opinion.  Even though he has only been paying half attention, it’s safe to assume she called him 'Doctor' because Michael or Anna did.

Anna Wright gives Michael a little smile at his introduction and then nods at Doctor Song "May I call you Rosie? And are you a medical doctor or is it an academic title?" She glances at Ziven and adds "Because we seem to be 50% docs in here today."

Michael Reinhardt chuckles and gets back to concentrating on his meal for the now, listening to the whole doctor confusion with mild amusement.

Doctor Song: Ret. Norwegian Navy Medic served in Kosovo conflict now a day I do charity work.

Ziven Ayala grins and drinks of his coffee.  He arches a brow.  "So you aren't a medical physician?"  he wonders, knowing little about Canadian or Norwegian militaries, mostly only American where physicians aren’t medics.  "Interesting."

Anna Wright looks between the two doctors, not knowing the finer points of the training, education and title and then over to Michael with a shrug. She stays quiet so as not to talk over Ziven's question.

Michael Reinhardt looks at Anna and winks. "I can apply a bandage AND call for an ambulance at the same time." he makes it sound like he's bragging about his complete lack of higher medical education.

Doctor Song: aside from stitching up the wounded I suppose your right but then I have done the nastiest work of piecing together small bodies after a bunker blaster tears though apartment blocks /tears up a little/

Ziven Ayala offers a grin as he chews and shakes his head at Michael as he swallows.  "But you may be more important to me on a day to day basis, Officer." he compliments.  "Oh no .. no insult intended."  he apologizes.  "I was advised against joining the military in the U.S., and of course never joined here, even if I am half Aboriginal.  Seems the medics are the ones who get the people TO the doctor, so ...."  he shrugs and offers the woman an olive branch.  "What do I know?  I work with Peregrine falcons during the week and pets on the weekends."

Anna Wright had laughed at Michael's bandage comment and then was reaching for the coffee pot again when she heard Doctor Song talk about stitching small bodies. She turned, clutching the pot to her, reacting to the words and the woman's emotion with her own breath catching in her throat a bit. She nods vaguely at Ziven, appreciating his words diffusing the intensity in the air and then peers into the cups in the room, looking around "Anyone for a refill?" she asks a little quietly.

Michael Reinhardt arches a brow at the conversation's direction. "It can get interesting. I was never military, but I worked in a civilian war zone." he shrugs. "But without one, the other fails and the person, a.k.a the patient dies. No man is an Island blah blah blah." he looks at Anna. "I think I strained my little brain on that one. So yes, more coffee for me, please." he touches his temple. "I need a vacation." he murmurs.

Doctor Song: Yes, Please breathing a sigh just memories things I have to let go of, its why I sail, it helps me. And maybe someday I would love to see the falcons.

Ziven Ayala watches Anna's reaction and Michael's reply.  "Yes, more coffee for me Anna."  and with that he kills the coffee he HAD been drinking.  With his empty cup he mock salutes Michael.  "I heard that."  he agrees, apparently needing one as well.  Looking at the woman, he nods a bit.  "We would love to have you on the island.  It's beautiful and relaxing .. not that Cedar Point isn't but ...  I'm not used to all this hustle and bustle, even only on weekends."

Anna Wright walks around and fills all the cups. When she's at Ziven's table she says "I'm coming there next weekend. You work with my friend by the way, Charlotte. I figured it out after the pizza place. She's invited me up to decompress." She gives Michael a poke after the fills his "You should join me. It's really nice there and this is the time of year to go." Moving to Doctor Song's table she says "Falcon Island, Deisling Provincial Park. You could sail there I'm sure. It's less than a day's journey. I'm going to go to escape some stress. I have to deliver a eulogy next Thursday...for my brother Lee...I need a break after."

Michael Reinhardt laughs a little at Ziven suggesting that Cedar Point was hustle and bustle. "See, I was thinking Cedar Point WAS beautiful and relaxing ... compared to The Devils Kitchen  ... the neighborhood in Vancover I worked with the PD there." he shakes his head. "The idea there is MORE peace and quiet than HERE?" he shakes his head, clearly a city boy. He looks up at Anna after her blatant assault on his person. "I'd love to .. seriously. I need a couple days off to decompress ...." he pauses. "Or whatever passes for it in my life."

Doctor Song: I am so sorry, for your loss, and maybe I will sail by after I resupply and check the rigging on the boat. It’s a busy week of things for me /laughs at her internal joke about beings busy/

Ziven Ayala raises his brows at both Michael’s words and Anna's comment. "You know Charlotte? Nice. We'd love to have you. When I get back tonight I will see about tidying up the place." he finishes his granola and fruit. "Might even iron my uniform for company." he teases even though he's always pretty put together and professional. He wonders about the comment abut her brother, but doesn’t follow through. None of his concern so no need to rip at what is clearly a scab.

Anna Wright smiles a bit at Michael "It's quieter than here. Basically a little cabin retreat. Hope you don't mind outhouses." She nods at Doctor Song "Thank you. It was the quake that took him...like too many here." She chuckles a bit at Ziven "I used to babysit Charlotte when we were young. She was always trying to save the starfish and crabs that were beached...now she just gets paid to." she pours herself a coffee now and stands, drinking it.

Michael Reinhardt grins at the doctor’s early welcome. "I can do quiet ... um ... yea ...outhouses ... I ... I'm ... teachable?" he offers, although it sounds like he isn’t' completely sure he can handle something that complicated.

Doctor Song: Giggles at the outhouse comment, I am sure outhouses won't pose a big treat.

Ziven Ayala chuckles over his coffee.  "I'll write you up a quick instructional pamphlet and provide toilet paper from my PERSONAL stock, Officer."  he promises, not mocking, just teasing a bit.  "It is far from rocket science.  You'll do fine."

Anna Wright snorts "Michael....you look like you could take down a bear...but you can't shit in the woods?" She seems highly amused by this and smiles at both Ziven and Doctor Song.

Michael Reinhardt snorts. "I appreciate that, Doc. Really, I do." he shakes his head and drains the coffee. "Anna .. let me know when you want to go and I will make sure to be available. Ryan and India can cat sit for me. And Doc I will see you when you drop off April." he stands, going for his wallet to pay, nods to the woman and exit for his shift.

Doctor Song: pays her bill and leaves a generous tip.

Ziven Ayala laughs aloud and kills his own coffee.  "And I have to see a couple of patients before I can head back to Falcon Island.  But I will see you in a couple days." he also pays and leaves, turning in the opposite direction Michael turned to continue his day.

Doctor Song: thank you kindly Ms. Anna that was wonderful.


Anna Wright waves as Michael passes "I'll text." and smiles at Doctor Song "thanks so much. Have a great day and see you again. Cheers Ziven.  I look forward to it." She starts to gather dishes, smiling at him too. 

2 comments: